PDA

View Full Version : petition to reduce size of number plates

Kiwi
03-02-2008, 07:37 AM
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/numberplate/

retskcid
03-02-2008, 08:24 AM
I've signed the petition, but I doubt it will ever happen.

slob
03-02-2008, 08:56 AM
I've signed the petition, but I doubt it will ever happen.

Ditto, it's all about easy recognition for the revenue rangers these days.

Capo
03-02-2008, 09:34 AM
The state has it's own agenda, listening to the people it purports to represent is not included.
I hesitate to identify myself, lest my name be included on a list of dissenting citizens to be dealt with later.

Government Of The People
By The People
For The People

Darry
03-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Signed... 10 characters

moony
04-02-2008, 01:29 PM

Pedro
04-02-2008, 01:35 PM
A ridiculous petition if you ask me. To justify a reduction in plate size on the grounds it doesn't look nice is laughable to say the least and does nothing to demonstrate motorcyclists responsible adults. Anyone in government reading this will probably laugh. Besides that, it only raises the issue of plate size again and sooner or later someone will think front plates too.

banditloon
04-02-2008, 01:43 PM
A ridiculous petition if you ask me. To justify a reduction in plate size on the grounds it doesn't look nice is laughable to say the least and does nothing to demonstrate motorcyclists responsible adults. Anyone in government reading this will probably laugh. Besides that, it only raises the issue of plate size again and sooner or later someone will think front plates too.

i have to agree :thumbsup:

reedyboy
04-02-2008, 02:18 PM
Exactly.there is no need to rock the boat IMO.I have a slightly smaller plate,but still visible from a good distance!!..If i get stopped and asked to change it then i will,but until then,as long as i don't ride like a hooligan and jump red lights and be doing twice the legal speed limits in force then i don't think i'm doing too much harm!!

Nickj
04-02-2008, 04:00 PM
These are really cheap opinion polls but 'consumer' led, mostly the results are ignored. Sometimes they are farmed out to the relevant MP's researchers to look at.

Front plates... ummmmm where??
The old retro curved ones bolted to your CF winf shield? No ta
A double layer of plate on the front mudguard? Oops forgot they hurt people in accidents, very bad idea.
Bolted to the fork leg? I'd need them to be flexible or I reckon I'd need a box full.
In any case it would be a bit of a spurious debate.
The old generation cameras couldn't catch the plates on bikes, however the new ones and some software updates to the older generation mean that by the end of this year they'll all be capable.

Nickj
04-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Ahh Reedy, as all bike riders are hooligans and will break every and any available law at the drop of an amber light it follows that the ones who are going at around the speed limit MUST have something to hide, almost certainly are part of a dangerous crime syndicate and are the ones that should be targetted.
Us normal hooligans are just doing whats expected so are obviously OK LOL

reedyboy
05-02-2008, 12:48 PM
haha,thats why i ride the thing around the twisties where there are no red lights in sight!!....i have 3 sets of lights out of Ipswich to contemplate then i'm long gone!!!! catch me if you can!!! hahaha