PDA

View Full Version : Hello UK

jwood26
30-01-2008, 04:16 PM
:gromit: Hello all.

Seems strange I know but its been a couple of months since myself and Woody, my husband have chatted to you all on line. Thats because we are currently doing a 4 month tour with the RAF in windy, rainy Falklands.

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy new year and hope the biking weather has stayed kind for you all. My S2R1000 is being ridden occasionally while I'm away by a mate. Wish it was me riding her though........

One by one the penguins steal my sanity ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyepopping:

Nonnie
30-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Hello Jackie! Nice to hear from you again. Some pictures from there would be great.

Can I have a penguin?

sadbiker
30-01-2008, 05:02 PM
:gromit: Hello all.

Seems strange I know but its been a couple of months since myself and Woody, my husband have chatted to you all on line. Thats because we are currently doing a 4 month tour with the RAF in windy, rainy Falklands.

Just wanted to wish you all a Happy new year and hope the biking weather has stayed kind for you all. My S2R1000 is being ridden occasionally while I'm away by a mate. Wish it was me riding her though........

One by one the penguins steal my sanity ha ha ha ha !!!!!!!!!!!!!:eyepopping:

Hope you are penguin watching........

I was lucky my Falkland tours ended up in Cyprus which was a bit warmer and better beaches.....

Hope your enjoying yourself, my mate who did the falklands did mention I would have loved it for taking photographs.

CK & AK
30-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Hello Falklands!!! Its been quite a few years since I went there (many!!) when the re-stocking of sheep was done (along with a few Exmoor ponies too) after the scuffles there - didnt stay long (2 days) just to unload stock really & then head back via the states.....

You are not missing anything here at the mo - snow is forecast for over half the country in the next 3 days! :eek:

CK

Nickj
30-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Hope you don't meet up with this particular penguin!!! LOL

Think how much you'll appreciate the Monster when you get back to it, it'll be like falling in love again..

jwood26
08-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Its my 3rd tour here so no surprises with the weather, penguins etc. Saw a king penguin in with a flock??? of Gentoo the other day, so cute (ignoring the smell lol). Saw some dolphins at Berthas beach near Stanley too. Weather is turning now for the worst, winter is on its way already!!!
Lovely to hear from you all. The sheep and cattle are plentiful and the upland geese but no proper food like fruit and veg on the island!!
Went to Stanley last weekend, spent a small fortune but had the hangover from hell to show for it.
Nonnie whats your address I'll send you a stuffed penguin.
Best wishes Jackie x

Nonnie
08-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Oooooh ooooh! Stuffed penguin!

You have pm!