PDA

View Full Version : Red Astra Estate ..Albie??????

Humbucker
29-01-2008, 04:52 PM
At about 3 pm this afternoon coming off the Brighton Rd and heading onto the M25 was a nice new Astra estate. The driver looked a lot like Albie. Was that you Mucca????

Albie
29-01-2008, 08:36 PM
That will be me then for sure. Well I think so as I had just come from Ewell nr epsom. I do hope I was driving ok and you didnt notice me cos I did something stupid.I cant say I noticed any monster around me. Mind you I did see one for sale nr the traffic lights before East grinstead. A black s2r not watercooled.

Humbucker
29-01-2008, 08:40 PM
No i was in car also. Didn't see anything stupid though.

Albie
29-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Thats ok as I have now started to drive sensibly at proper speeds. Nasty accident on way home yesterday at the usual spot after Clacketts a car in the field with a foreign lorry on hard shoulder. Air ambulance at scene.

Humbucker
29-01-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm in sutton and banstead on a tuesday, hate the M25 but much better than going through the city and round the elephant and castle. Is Project Single Sided swingarm nearing completion.

Albie
29-01-2008, 09:15 PM
To be honest NO. Its at the stage of wait and see when all the bits should get to me hopes by weekend. Spm 23 has the exhaust and shock im buying and gets home from NZ on 30th. Until then I have to wait. I have to dry fit engine and swingarm with shock to see if it clears frame. The s4r frame has a crimp in left diagonal tube to miss the reservoir on shock. I can mod if I know it needs it. After thats ok Powdercoating hope on monday and should have back the following friday. Then it will be reassembly. That bit will be enjoyable. Have to get some new bolts. I reckon around £50- 60. Hopes no more than a month.

Humbucker
29-01-2008, 09:31 PM
So you still got your work cut out then. I meant to say, it was nice to meet you and other half at wessons at the end of last year hopefuly you can make the 9th March.

In the meantime, if you need any help with re-assembly let me know. I have a very basic knowledge but would really help me undestand the monnie a bit more and i imagine the more hands to the pump the sooner you back out on the road. Just let me know

Speak soon

Albie
29-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks thats very kind.:ukm: I already have Gully as well itching to help me reassemble too. Im itching to go and very glad to see to the back of the old bits that I had stored which are no longer of any use. My garage still needs a serious clean up before I do this as still got moving stuff in there. Not a stidy as Rods (emilys driver )

It needs only basic skills but its a case of check double check. I already made some gaffs. Lucky I can undo them to. The wirings the worrying bit in my book.