PDA

View Full Version : master cylinders

mad_turnips
29-01-2008, 01:25 PM
is there A: any other bike that i could get both clutch and F break M/Cs from

B: aftermarket ones

c: anyone got any for a monnie 900 ( 94 ish)
and is there anything i need to worry about when changing them

Kato
29-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Think I have both lurking around will have a look later.....whats the problem with your's!

mad_turnips
29-01-2008, 03:58 PM
its just been in a nd had the other seals changed but after a while of riding the clutch will sudenly go completly ( leaver pulled fully in but bike stil going forward) stop the engine and pump the clutch for a miniute and its fine for a while then does it again was told by moto rapido that its the master cylinder
and im putting a second disc on the monie ( upgrade to match the engine 600 - 900) and was also told i needed new cylinder for second caliper

JerryXt
29-01-2008, 09:55 PM
probably because you've got to push extra fluid to the second caliper. You'll need a master with a bigger ratio. Any twin disk setup would work.

dlloyduk
29-01-2008, 10:22 PM
I have a GSXR master cylinder. Works fine and comes with a reliable brake light switch. Not sure what year it was off though but it cost me £15 when brembo's where going for £100+. From what I recall a twin disc setup uses a 19mm master cylinder bore-I stand to be corrected!
Oh and I also have a Vauxhall Corsa oil pressure switch- all very Chav!

Zimbo
30-01-2008, 07:49 AM
I have a GSXR master cylinder. Works fine and comes with a reliable brake light switch. Not sure what year it was off though but it cost me £15 when brembo's where going for £100+. From what I recall a twin disc setup uses a 19mm master cylinder bore-I stand to be corrected!
Oh and I also have a Vauxhall Corsa oil pressure switch- all very Chav!

Mid '90s Gixxer 750/1100 master cylinders are a straight swap, have the outlet in the correct place and are even the same fine thread on the banjo.