PDA

View Full Version : Brake Calipers..Monster 620ie...help needed!

emily's driver
28-01-2008, 10:05 PM
OK folks any help greatly appreciated. I refitted the front brake pads and locating pins to my wife's bike and the retaining R clips. When I came to re-fitting the retainer plates however they seems very loose and rattly. They have two bent arms on their underside which locate on the pad retaining pins but even when mounted appear very loose. Am I overlooking something obvious? There is a directional arrow on them which is correct but still they seem loose. Could it be that the clips (the bent arms underneath) on the retaining plates, need to be bent tighter / around more, to locate onto the retaining pins more securely? I am not sure if in removing them initially I stretched these arms or not. I have looked in the workshop manual but to no avail.

CK & AK
29-01-2008, 06:49 AM
They are anti rattle clips, I dont run them on the race bike.
It allows the pads to clatter when moving the bike, but at least you know the pistons in the caliper are freeing the pads off, but can be an annoying rattle on a roadbike.
Double check you have the retainer pins on the right side of the clip - look on someone elses caliper if you can to check.

AK

emily's driver
29-01-2008, 08:23 AM
It is a while since I took them off, but I am correct in saying these anti rattle clips go on last over the pins? I know it is easier to fit them over the pads and then slide the retaining pins in and lastly the R clips. Just wondered if I had overlooked something obvious like the pins passing over the TOP of the anti rattle clips and not underneath. I dont think so as the little hooks on their underside appear to locate on the pins themselves. If I am honest I think these hooks just need bending round some more for a tighter fit.