PDA

View Full Version : Dp Ecu

alsduc
28-01-2008, 09:13 PM
I want to modify my ecu on my 06 s2r 800 which i feel will compliment the mods ive already done, ie Full Termi sys & De Cat pipe plus open air box when ecu is fitted.

Should i go for the DP ecu or just go down the pc route. Any advice or Recommends. Any idea how much ducati charge for dp ecu fitment?

Cheers

Alex

NattyBoy
28-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Its a no brainer mate...power commander.

The DP item is a) extortionate (they normally list speratley at about £4-£600)and b) very crude (it just raises fuelling everywhere whereas PC is adjustable).

I took the DP ecu off my S4R as they normally run way too rich for everyday riding - it ran better on the standard ecu even with a full system and open airbox.

Get a PC and some dyno time.

Good luck !

Nat

alsduc
29-01-2008, 07:56 AM
Its a no brainer mate...power commander.

The DP item is a) extortionate (they normally list speratley at about £4-£600)and b) very crude (it just raises fuelling everywhere whereas PC is adjustable).

I took the DP ecu off my S4R as they normally run way too rich for everyday riding - it ran better on the standard ecu even with a full system and open airbox.

Get a PC and some dyno time.

Good luck !

Nat

Cheers for the advice. I didnt realise ducati charge that much for their ecu.

now to find a dyno in sussex!

J.P
29-01-2008, 08:20 AM
There's a DYNO at H & M RAcing in Orpington, Kent.

Does your exhaust system have an oxygen sensor connected to it ?
If it does, you might find that you can't fit the power commander without fitting the DP ECU. It will depend on the model and age I think.
I know this as I had a lot of trouble trying to do the same to my bike. The DP ECU excludes the need for the sensor and so you can tune it with the p.c.
If you don't change the ECU you won't get the p.c to work properly and it's a waste of money believe me.

alsduc
29-01-2008, 04:28 PM

Does your exhaust system have an oxygen sensor connected to it ?
If it does, you might find that you can't fit the power commander without fitting the DP ECU. It will depend on the model and age I think.
I know this as I had a lot of trouble trying to do the same to my bike. The DP ECU excludes the need for the sensor and so you can tune it with the p.c.
If you don't change the ECU you won't get the p.c to work properly and it's a waste of money believe me.

without sounding stupid, how do i tell if theirs a sensor connected?

mad_turnips
29-01-2008, 04:39 PM
it will make a beeping noise it can smell oxygen so if thr bike beeps its got a sensor

Stafford
29-01-2008, 04:45 PM

Is this where you had yours fitted JP?
If so how much and service any good?

J.P
29-01-2008, 04:59 PM
without sounding stupid, how do i tell if theirs a sensor connected?

There will be a cable and what looks like a spark plug going into the exhaust manifold underneath the bike. Mine was around-about where the catalytic converter would be.

J.P
29-01-2008, 05:04 PM
Is this where you had yours fitted JP?
If so how much and service any good?

Yep H & M did mine, BUT, it was organized through Pro Twins in Surrey because they were helping to find out what the problem was.
I'm sure you can organize the PC directly through H &M but you'd need to check with them, it maybe that they just do the Dyno stuff and you have to find somewhere else to buy the PC from.
H&M 01689 856 595

Dyno time was about a total of £175.
Power Comander was about £400 fitted .

Expensive I know. It's the Dyno time & money that seems the best part of that cost. You get get cheaper versions with pre-loaded maps, but I'd still spend the money on a professional Dyno run for them to try to fine tune it.
The differences can be enormous.

Didn't I tell you that before, or was that someone else ?

barbican
29-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Cheers for the advice. I didnt realise ducati charge that much for their ecu.

now to find a dyno in sussex!

Theres a DynoPro one at CMW in Chichester, and the DynoPro company have just launched the Interceptor which will allow ignition timing changes in addition to the usual fueling - don't know the prices but should be competitive with the PC111 (Hopefully)