PDA

View Full Version : whos your favorite rider?

neilbaldry
27-01-2008, 10:12 AM
im sure everyone loves wtching the bike racing on telly, or going to the tracks. but who is/was your favorite rider?

mine was always Frankie Chili! what an awesome guy! always rode with his heart on his sleeve, and always gave 110% every race. seeing him ring the neck off his hand-me-down 998's and rarely finishing a race, he was always teh star of the show at any race i watched on teh telly!

Chris & Nean
27-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Gary Mackoy because he rides wild.

There was a guy racing about 15 years ago named Paul Lewis he was Australian too I think, he was a tiny rider and he wore huge specs, he seemed to fall of his bike every time, quite entertaining to see really.

neilbaldry
27-01-2008, 11:25 AM
he seemed to fall of his bike every time, quite entertaining to see really.

theres an English version of him, who, and i never understand why, never fails to get a top ride, when he's fit........................................ James Hayden

S4Rs-Tone
27-01-2008, 03:30 PM
i like to think my wife but dont tell her she'll stop trying

27-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Gary Mackoy because he rides wild

I agree, note avtar pic, his helmet and my current helmet :thumbsup: .. Doohan is another.

I will be a keen fan watching Casey this year, hope he does it again in 2008 !

Humbucker
27-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Obviously i love Ducati, but love Rossi, and having followed JT for years really hope he does well. Used to love Wayne Gardner and Anthony Gobert in the superbikes used to be cool

Thumper
27-01-2008, 06:35 PM
http://www.thumperzone.co.uk/images/ColinEdwards.jpg

Colin Edwards :thumbsup:

benson
27-01-2008, 06:38 PM
Mick Doohan
Colin Edwards
And of course Vale - but I think when he rode for Honda - more spirit somehow in my opinion...

dam
27-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Xaus....:woot:

neilbaldry
27-01-2008, 07:25 PM
Xaus....:woot:

he did that quite alot that season if i remember rightly!

for some reason, even tho he rode a honda, colin edwards was always a bit of a favorite of mine aswel, but more so last year, as even tho he had a ****e time of it, he was always happy, smiling, and cheery when giving interviews on the telly.

Jim66a
27-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Craig Jones, By far the best British biking talent!

albs
27-01-2008, 07:37 PM
joey dunlop,nori haga,chris walker,rossi

gjfevans
27-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Bayliss for his sheer grit and determination. Cannot remember where the race was but it was tipping it down and he dropped it three times and still went on to win:thumbsup:

Pedro
27-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Valentino for sheer talent, nobody better.

JerryXt
27-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Biaggi for me - load of Italian attitude and blames everyone else for not winning. Class!

And Chili when he was riding. Didn't like the 999, so put the engine in a 998 and beat the factory riders.

gremlin
27-01-2008, 09:56 PM
Rossi and Bayliss, both due to the ability to get a bike home on no rubber, and just sheer guts when the chips are down. Jt cos he's a bit of a cutey and a talented musician as well. I loved Sheene but he was that was down to looks as much as anything.

desmo
28-01-2008, 07:28 AM
It has to be Foggy for me.
Ok I know he was a gobby git at times but I used to watch him in Assen where he was awsome.
Just brings back some very happy memories for me when doing 1000 miles in a long weekend didn't leave me feeling knackered for the following week.

Desmo.

paul33
28-01-2008, 01:54 PM
bit old school i no but has to be barry sheene

Mand
28-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Bayliss for his sheer grit and determination. Cannot remember where the race was but it was tipping it down and he dropped it three times and still went on to win:thumbsup:

That was at Silverstone, bluddy awesome, I have a soft spot for Troy too but my very favourite rider has to be Colin Edwards. He has pride of place in my kitchen. :D

nambduke
29-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Barry Sheene and Joey Dunlop for completely different reasons.....

Sheene for the style, his open passion and the numerous related memories that still stay with me from my early biker days

And

Dunlop for dominating the IOM as he did, for his reserved persona and for testing his bikes on public roads without a helmet!

giler
29-01-2008, 12:04 PM
George Formby in "No Limts" on The Shuttleworth Speed Demon!

YoungDucS4R
29-01-2008, 12:20 PM
David Essex in Silver Dream Racer!!!
No No!! Only joking!!

Currently the laid-back but awsome Bruce Ansty on the road and Leon Haslam on the track would get my vote.

G.

Mr Cake
29-01-2008, 07:58 PM
David Jefferies until he was tragically killed. My favourite living rider is Guy Martin. No short circuit nancy boys here.

Dave

gjfevans
29-01-2008, 08:01 PM
That was at Silverstone, bluddy awesome, I have a soft spot for Troy too but my very favourite rider has to be Colin Edwards. He has pride of place in my kitchen. :D

No wonder he has not won much recently if he spends all his time in your kitchen

David Matthews
29-01-2008, 08:11 PM
Barry Sheene, by far. I don't know if it was because he was at the top when I first took an interest in racing. Hailwood and Joey Dunlop really stood out as well. Dare I say that Rossi is still comfortably the best of the current batch.

w108rna
30-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Rossi as he is the top bloke out there in this (my) generation.
Bayliss for the sheer entertainment of watching him race, very loose style.
Toseland. I've not watched him race much, but i met him a few weeks ago and he was a totally brilliant and nice chap! Good Luch and best of british for 2008 in the MotoGP

RODUC
30-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Well it's great to see alot of Ausssies mentionedmy choices are
Rossi, he's just brilliant beyond anyone else
Bayliss, for sheer grit and determination + talent
Mc Coy , for his style also used to know him
Biaggi , for his never say die attidude almost at all costs
Doohan, the rossi of my youth and miles ahead of everyone else
Sheene, for his charisma and cheeky antics + talent and he moved To Oz
Stoner , cause his on a Ducati and a Champ + Aussie
Corser, he's just damn good when he's got it together

ricky
30-01-2008, 09:04 PM
has to be joey dunlop!! he was polite,down to earth, northern irish and had no fear! :thumbsup:

someone you might not of heard of... richard britton, road racing star, got to ride a rizla superbike before his untimely death. was ready for great things.

lets face it rossi is really exciting to watch!! stops moto gp becoming formula 1!!!

johndglynn
30-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Anyone who ever watched 250s would surely have to say Harada after that incredible season versus Capirex, culminating in Argentina '98. Also Anthony West and Pedrosa, both fantastic to watch in the lower classes.

Otherwise Doohan, Rossifumi and Yer Maun Dunlop.

welshman
30-01-2008, 10:58 PM
it has to be

Steve Mcqueen