PDA

View Full Version : Kent monthly meets - my big problem

gary tompkins
25-01-2008, 07:45 PM
As some may know my other hobby is paintballing, which I got back into in a big way a few years ago after a long break. Anyway... I usually play monthly and the site we use runs games on the 3rd Sunday. I've just heard Holmbush have now moved games to the 1st Sunday, which obviously clashes with the UKMOC Kent meets :mad:

There are other sites we could use, but the guys in my team prefer Holmbush as we get a good deal on paint etc.. So as it stands I'll miss the majority of UKMOC meets if it kept to the 1st Sunday.

My question to all the regulars is can we shift the meet dates?

I'll close the poll in a week

GULLY
25-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Hi Gary
I have no prob with moving the meets,but we must change the kent year planner in the kent thread.

gully

gary tompkins
25-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Which Sunday would you prefer in poll?

gary tompkins
28-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the votes so far peeps

Looks to be going in favour of last sunday at present :mand:

Just thought I'd bump it in case anyones missed it?

Albie
28-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Not really worried as my sundays not guaranteed as I work 1 in 4. Alo as project will unfortunately take preferance over meets. I will go with the flow and Im working this sunday it seems. Doh !:rolleyes:

MilesB
29-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Not bovvered - so not voted...

From experience, "Last Sunday of the month" occasionally ends up with people turning up a week early (on the months with 5 Sundays) :dunce:
I've just checked and there's four opportunities to screw up in 2008 :p

Miles

Lady-Bob
29-01-2008, 11:11 AM
And i've just PM'd someone , saying I'll be there on the 1st Feb!:hissy:

I guess since the poll shows an overwhelming majority to the 2nd Sunday in the month I've got an extra week to wait! :hissy:

Happy New Year to everyone. I'm back on-line :yoparty: And I'm really looking forward to seeing you all at the Oakdene on 2nd Sunday of February. I want ALL the gossip:eyepopping: Everything that's been going on!! and don't leave anything out!!!

I've really missed the bacon sarnies as well. It doesn't taste the same when you've cooked it yourself! :look:

scrapps
29-01-2008, 11:29 AM
And i've just PM'd someone , saying I'll be there on the 1st Feb!:hissy:

I guess since the poll shows an overwhelming majority to the 2nd Sunday in the month I've got an extra week to wait! :hissy:

Happy New Year to everyone. I'm back on-line :yoparty: And I'm really looking forward to seeing you all at the Oakdene on 2nd Sunday of February. I want ALL the gossip:eyepopping: Everything that's been going on!! and don't leave anything out!!!

I've really missed the bacon sarnies as well. It doesn't taste the same when you've cooked it yourself! :look:

Thats great news L/B I look forward to seeing you again soon..:yoparty:
And I may have some gossip for you to:eyepopping:

MilesB
29-01-2008, 12:03 PM

Yo Bob - hows things? Long time no hear (read?).

Your absence has been noticed - hope 2008 is not gonna be the 'annus horiblis' that 2007 was for you and yours.

See you at the Oakdene sometime - but maybe not the 2nd Sunday?
[QOUTE=GT]Looks to be going in favour of last sunday at present
[/QUOTE]

????

Miles

MilesB
29-01-2008, 12:11 PM
Note to self - in my current Zombified state
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=26041
I must remember to preview replies before submitting - I can't edit them afterwards :cens:

Half Pint
30-01-2008, 12:09 PM
So are we not meeting this sunday the 3rd ? or will it be from March that we change the weekend...

:idea:

MilesB
30-01-2008, 01:53 PM
So are we not meeting this sunday the 3rd ? or will it be from March that we change the weekend...
Tell you what - go every Sunday - then you're bound to meet someone :confused:

Executive decision please?

GULLY
30-01-2008, 08:20 PM
Hi Guys
I spock to Gary on Monday night and this mouth will be 1st sunday on the 3rd
of Feb
but going fwd it will move to 2nd,3rd,or the 4th.
only time will tell.

Hi Bob
it will be grate to see you and have a good gosip.
hope you are well and good to see you back.

gully

Nonnie
30-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Hello Bob

Hope you're feeling grander now. Be good to see you at some point soon.

xx

Albie
30-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Hi bob . Hope I can pop in but im at work sunday. BTW my bike is in 1000 pieces. Yes really.:cry: :cry: :eek:

gary tompkins
30-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry been offline a few days

Gully is right - I hadn't planned to shift February's meet as it's a bit short notice TBH. Sorry I should have put that in the original post :dunce:

Anyway as the vote's shifted slightly in favour of the second sunday, I'm happy to go with that at the moment. I won't be there Sunday if the weathers ok, as I'll be playing paintball at Holmbush. However if weather is dire (and forecast's pretty crap at present) I'll head to cafe for a breakfast by car instead.

Good to see LB back online :biggrin:

Lady-Bob
31-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Er.... excuse me.....

Have I just woken from a strange dream?????

I mean... we've just voted on 2nd Sunday so that Gary can continue to meet with us.

Now it's back to 1st Sunday for February 'cos Gary can't make 2nd Sunday?

Makes the vote a bit of a farce. One point of our breakfast (apart from getting together) is that we accept there will be times when members won't be able to come along.

So...... (Gary... I mean no disrespect in any way hun :bunny: ) are we to change the date EVERY time someone logs on and says they can't make it???

Because the poll went in favour of 2nd Sunday I swapped another appointment to the 1st Sunday. So now I won't be able to make it on 1st Sunday. But I will be breakfasting alone on 2nd Sunday now - ho hum!:rolleyes:

MilesB
31-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Er.... excuse me.....

Have I just woken from a strange dream?????
Probably...

The poll originally went in favour of last Sunday of the month, but then the dead Russian effect (the late serge) means that 2nd Sunday now gets the vote.

The plan is to switch to the 2nd Sunday from March onwards, with February's meet still being on the 1st Sunday (which is the 3rd - just to confuse you), possibly because its too late to change and Gully can't last too long without an Oakdene breakfast :look: ;) :mand:

Gary can make the 2nd Sunday, but can't (usually) make 1st Sunday - unless it's raining.

I think...

Miles (Dazed & Confused again)

scrapps
31-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Probably...

The poll originally went in favour of last Sunday of the month, but then the dead Russian effect (the late serge) means that 2nd Sunday now gets the vote.

The plan is to switch to the 2nd Sunday from March onwards, with February's meet still being on the 1st Sunday (which is the 3rd - just to confuse you), possibly because its too late to change and Gully can't last too long without an Oakdene breakfast :look: ;) :mand:

Gary can make the 2nd Sunday, but can't (usually) make 1st Sunday - unless it's raining.

I think...

I am all sad and confussed now !!!!:banghead:
if the forcast i right i won't be there 1st sunday(3rd) as no point in a 80mile round trip for a cuppa in the car...
And lady bob I will join you for a cuppa and to gossip on the second sunday(weather dependant) as I am sure others will :thumbsup:

MilesB
31-01-2008, 12:27 PM
if the forcast i right i won't be there 1st sunday(3rd) as no point in a 80mile round trip for a cuppa in the car...
And lady bob I will join you for a cuppa and to gossip on the second sunday(weather dependant) as I am sure others will :thumbsup:
Sounds like a plan to me - forecast for Sunday is not motorbike weather :on: .

gary tompkins
31-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Probably...

I think...

Spot on Miles

I wasn't going to change 3/2/07 meet because it was too short notice. However if you'd rather opt for 2nd sunday in Feb as well (and hopefully get better weather) that's fine by me?

As from March 2007 - Kent UKMOC meets shift to 2nd Sunday

Hope that makes it clear to all?

Albie
31-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Its better for me as working this one but as I said I have a lot on my plate with bike rebuild so I may not go.:eyepopping:

Gadget
31-01-2008, 07:25 PM
I will go with the flow. I get to work Sundays but not on a set routine. I am off this Sunday but probably working till mid March.

GULLY
31-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Ok guys hope to see you all next sunday and you can see my new baby
she great:banana:

gully

Lady-Bob
05-02-2008, 10:25 AM

Yippee! It would be great to see you (with James??) I've been away so long, i'd begun to think everyone had forgotten me :cry:

I can't wait to see Gully's newborn (latest baby!)

Oooh! and Milesb..... "Late Serge" - ha ha ha ha ha!:chuckle: :bunny:

My best to Susan. When has the wedding been set for then?

Lady-Bob
05-02-2008, 10:26 AM
As from March 2007 - Kent UKMOC meets shift to 2nd Sunday

Hope that makes it clear to all?

You do mean as of 2008 don't you!!!!!:scratch: :heart: ;)

MilesB
05-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Oooh! and Milesb..... "Late Serge" - ha ha ha ha ha!:chuckle: :bunny:

My best to Susan. When has the wedding been set for then?
Glad to see someone enjoyed a bit of 'Radio 4 humour' :eek:
No wedding bells this year - already blown the budget on holidays :rolleyes:

See you Sunday (all) I hope.

Miles

J.P
05-02-2008, 11:17 AM
So guys, 2nd Sunday in March makes it the 9th.
I take it you're all going to try to join the run to Southend ????

alan c
05-02-2008, 12:07 PM
looking forward to sunday, and southend run in march :mand:

GULLY
05-02-2008, 09:20 PM
So guys, 2nd Sunday in March makes it the 9th.
I take it you're all going to try to join the run to Southend ????

Orr Sir.
Fish and chips count me in

Albie
05-02-2008, 09:27 PM
Not so sure I will make that on monnie. Hmm maybe.

Lady-Bob
06-02-2008, 11:41 AM
I won't be able to make the Southend run. my duchess won't be back on the road by then.:on: :thumbsdown:

So Albie, if your monnie will be out of action as well maybe I'll see you and Caroline at the Oakdene for breakfast instead?:drunk:

Albie
06-02-2008, 04:26 PM
Im not promising to be there but possibly if I have a good day saturday. Monday is set for D day for powdercoat.
Would be nice to see you again and thank you for my xmas pressie:mand:

Albie
09-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Well I will be there in the car but I may need to be to pick some stuff up anyhow. The things I needed to do today went really well and on target. Hopefully see some peeps around 10 am.:D :D

GULLY
09-02-2008, 07:33 PM
Hi Guys
If the weather is good tomorrow whos up for a ride out it's Feb and lets strike while the iron hot

gully

Albie
09-02-2008, 08:26 PM
I fancy a drive to lake district. You up for that. :spin: :spin:

GULLY
09-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I fancy a drive to lake district. You up for that. :spin: :spin:

I was thinking about some lanes but how far is that

Albie
10-02-2008, 08:10 AM
300 miles or 3 fill ups for you boys. Just there and back on one tank for me.:D

Lady-Bob
13-02-2008, 09:21 AM
A big thanks to all who turned out to have breakfast with me.

GaryT
Gull
Albie, Caroline & Aiden
Scrapps
Alanc
Miles & Susan

Breakfast was just how I expected it to be! Oh, and thanks to Albie for letting me queue hop!

Seeing you all has really given me some motivation to get back in the saddle.

Just spent out nearly £300 (all bar a few pennies) on Fang's vet bills so I'll be waiting for my end of month pay to start getting my one roadworthy again!

BTW does anyone know of a website that can give me tidal information (SUSAN ?! :heart: ) I want to organise the Kent Kastle Kompetion and this time we'll get there on the right day and at the right time!

MilesB
13-02-2008, 10:55 AM
BTW does anyone know of a website that can give me tidal information (SUSAN ?! :heart: ) I want to organise the Kent Kastle Kompetion and this time we'll get there on the right day and at the right time!
There you go...
http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/EasyTide/EasyTide/ShowPrediction.aspx?PortID=0102A&PredictionLength=7
OK it's only free for 7 days in adavance, but I think you can pick up Pocket Tide tables fairly cheaply.

See you soon
Miles

scrapps
13-02-2008, 11:24 AM
It was good to see you all again esp lady bob nice to see you up and about again.:thumbsup:
I got home ok and did not burst into a ball of flame!(must sort that feul leak):look:

barbican
13-02-2008, 11:37 AM

If I still had my tidal books I could do it for you, but they're in the garage somewhere

Some ports/harbours have this on their websites or you can splash up £1 and use

http://easytide.ukho.gov.uk/Easytide/EasyTide/index.aspx

MilesB
18-02-2008, 08:08 AM
A big thanks to all who turned out to have breakfast with me.

GaryT
Gull
Albie, Caroline & Aiden
Scrapps
Alanc
Miles & Susan

Oh year - I met weenyleaper in the car park

Lady-Bob
25-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks Sue and Miles for the tidal info. - a great help!:biggrin:

gary tompkins
27-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh year - I met weenyleaper in the car park

Who is weenyleaper?

MilesB
28-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Who is weenyleaper?
This guy
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=26013
Monster with a very nice air-brushed tank.

gary tompkins
29-02-2008, 11:17 PM
Ahh... ok thanks Miles :D

Drewsus
03-03-2008, 09:16 PM
So is anyone down the Cafe this coming sunday? Haven't ridden my bike more than a mile in the last month, so need to take it for a run. Hopefully Halfpint will have finished fettling and will be there to.

Drew

Albie
03-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I think a lot said they were going to do the Southend run but not sure. I was going to but I have decided not to as I must re build the s4 as bits come back on friday morning. If a few decide to turn up I may make a quick appearance if I have time. Im sure some will post so keep looking as I dont also know the weather forecast. Lady bob may not be able to go on run too ??

Half Pint
03-03-2008, 10:16 PM
Well i hope to be finished, although if there is any sight of salt on the roads it's not coming out.... not after the engine paint job...

Tomorrow should see the heads cleaned and painted then we are planning to start to measure out the shims for the crank once the big end shells have been changed, my god soo many things still to do and all in 5 days!

Albie
04-03-2008, 06:37 PM
Theres a lot of salt around at the moment I have noticed around Tonbridge and maidstone.:cry:

alan c
04-03-2008, 08:18 PM
i hope to go to southend, will keep an eye on weather, i think gully was up for run as well ? will sort out meeting place if others would like to join us,:thumbsup:

J.P
04-03-2008, 08:49 PM
I hope to go on Sunday to Southend, but not if the weather's bad.

But if it is good then I'll maybe pick up with you guys on the way there as the Oakdene is a bit the wrong way for me.

Lets hope the weather's ok