PDA

View Full Version : Chain and sprockets from where?

DevilBoy
24-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Hiya guys

Anyone got a nice link for cheapish sprockets and chain?
I've got a 2002 S4... Looking for a gold chain.

not sure if I need different size sprockets etc. Probably just go for stock. unless anyone has an opinion otherwise?

Cheers!
DB

Seb_uk
24-01-2008, 02:25 PM
Try www.bandcexpress.co.uk

I priced up a Tsubaki gold chain & renthal sprockets a few weeks ago and they were pretty reasonable.

The Kevlar Kid
24-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Try www.bandcexpress.co.uk

I priced up a Tsubaki gold chain & renthal sprockets a few weeks ago and they were pretty reasonable.

Wot he said...

Top quality stuff at a good price, and they're good to deal with too. :thumbsup:

DesmoDom
25-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Gold X-Ring + Sprockets (mine was a DID) from Busters (Swansea), £84.99.
Never ever had any problems with DID chains, used them on all 5 Ducati's I've had.

Baz

DevilBoy
25-01-2008, 12:22 PM
DesmoDom. Thats £84.99 for sprockets and chain?
not bad!

I think I have a DID one on there now, and I've always used them for my other bikes, so I might stick with them.

Does everyone do their own chain fitting?

S4Mal
25-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Personally Id get a 14t front sprocket - not expensive and works with a standard chain.

DesmoDom
25-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Yeah, I think a lot of people do their own chains and for the price of one of those other chain & sprocket kits you could get the one I mentioned and a chain splitting/riveting kit for about the same price.
I've never changed either front or rear sprocket size, as I've never had a problem with different riding situations, ie, in town etc, all to do with balancing the use of right & left hand. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Baz