PDA

View Full Version : Yippee!!

gremlin
22-01-2008, 12:43 PM
Managed to get out on the bike today, it was b cold but it was so nice to be out. :woot: :woot: Did my favourite bit of practice road and then had a blast up the A11. Clive put my original exhausts back on because the Blue Flames were giving him a headache and she backfired every time I slowed down. It was so nice to give him a taste of his own medicine. Think she'll have to be set up again, cos she's obviously been tuned to the Blue Flames. Roll on more good weather!:biggrin:

neilbaldry
22-01-2008, 01:30 PM
so where abouts did you go then grem?

ive been stuck in my garage all morning cleaning and polishing........... oh the joy!

gremlin
22-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Only down the Lotus Road to Wymondham, lovely flowing bends, then up to Norwich up the A11, and back down B1113 to home so probably only 20 miles in all. It was my first ride since getting a really nasty chest infection so I feel really stupid to say I'm really tired. But I did empty a four foot square compost bin when I got home so that may have something to do with it! The bike's much smoother without the loud cans on and neither of us have headaches so that's a bonus. I did manage to do the Lotus road at a steady 55-60 all the way at the first attempt on the monnie and got up to about 85 on the A11 which is the fastest I've been so far, and Clive said I looked more confident so I must be making progress after a long lay off.

benson
22-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Well done that woman - hope you enjoyed it and here's to another monster year ahead!!!

gremlin
22-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Yup and no worries about a test looming! I really want to get up to speed and more confident before the Lady Riders get going, cos I don't want everyone waiting at the destination twiddling their thumbs. So every fine day I can I'm going to be out getting the practice in. I need more traffic work really, my slow control is pretty ok but it's the pulling away at lights etc that is a bit slow at the mo, but it's all practice.

DavidEJM
22-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Sat in the office today grumbling that another nice day went by and I couldn't get out on the bike!

Still if we're going to go into recession, I will have more time on my hands - there's the silver lining, I knew it was there somewhere.