PDA

View Full Version : Ross Kemp In Afghanistan (Sky One)

neilbaldry
22-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Anyone watch it?

I did, and it was great! cant wait to see the next one!

Stafford
22-01-2008, 10:38 AM
Not too bad, can't wait to see Ross p**s his pants under fire.

emily's driver
22-01-2008, 03:25 PM
I dont have Sky One. I am sure the programme was of some interest but personally I cannot stand Ross Kemp. He seems stuck in a rut between ex soap star (a title seemingly bestowed on just about anyone with a modicum of media exposure) and wannabee squadee.

scrapps
22-01-2008, 03:38 PM
I dont have Sky One. I am sure the programme was of some interest but personally I cannot stand Ross Kemp. He seems stuck in a rut between ex soap star (a title seemingly bestowed on just about anyone with a modicum of media exposure) and wannabee squadee.

I dont have sky one and good job to,ross walking around in his shades trying to look cool playing at soldier. no thanks,real troops trying to keep him safe?
I cannot stand him.....

neilbaldry
22-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Nah, it wasnt bad. Ross Kemp was actually very good in it. The reason he chose to follow the Royal Anglians was that his father was in them years ago. And beleive me, he was far from wearing shades and looking hard! I think the poor bugger shat himself on more than one occasion. And the first episode was pretty much all on pre-deployment training! It was only the last 10 minutes worth, that was actually in Afghanistan, and then he was only in Kandahar.

PaulEllison
22-01-2008, 05:32 PM
It's posted on youtube for anyone who wants to see it

Pedro
22-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Better still was a prog about the US Green Berets in Firebase Cobra in northern Helmand province on Nat Geo the other day. Flipping hairy for these guys, lots of Taliban, lots of IEDs and lots of tension among the locals....

sbex216
22-01-2008, 10:58 PM
F**kin Ross twatting Kemp!! don't get me started on that wannabe CRAP HAT!!
His weapon handling on the range was dangerous...dropping the barrel to the floor and not applying the safety!! The instructors should've picked that up!! Then getting excited when he hits 15 wooden, non moving targets at 100m with a SUSAT!!....a ten year old could throw stones more acurately!!
And that god awful ACTOR accent, bloody annoying git...

Still the programme is good for promoting the Army and showing the nation what really goes on in the life of a Squaddie. And was good to hear the lad in the range hut speaker say "SAS my arse"...lol

sbex216
22-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Better still was a prog about the US Green Berets in Firebase Cobra in northern Helmand province on Nat Geo the other day. Flipping hairy for these guys, lots of Taliban, lots of IEDs and lots of tension among the locals....

Peds, can you have a look at my account, still not seeing my avatar or details????

cheers Mate.

Pedro
22-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Peds, can you have a look at my account, still not seeing my avatar or details????

cheers Mate.

Will do it tomorrow

Ped

scrapps
23-01-2008, 09:28 AM
Nah, it wasnt bad. Ross Kemp was actually very good in it. The reason he chose to follow the Royal Anglians was that his father was in them years ago. And beleive me, he was far from wearing shades and looking hard! I think the poor bugger shat himself on more than one occasion. And the first episode was pretty much all on pre-deployment training! It was only the last 10 minutes worth, that was actually in Afghanistan, and then he was only in Kandahar.

I will take your word for it neil I only saw the ads and he was walking around in his wrap rounds.....
I would check it out but just dont like the bloke....