PDA

View Full Version : Gear change lever

weenyleaper
20-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Hi, I am new to the world of Ducti, Recently purchased a Monster Dark, its not new but seems in good condition. It was owned in Kent. I expect its well known as it has a fuel tank painted by an Italion artist showing the desmo works ....I freely admit that I will have a lot to learn as its years since I rode a large bike and they were British....But if I dont do it now, I never will. ........I find the gear lever a bit close to the peg, is... a alernative length available or is it for me to get used to. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated...........Regards

GULLY
20-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Hello and welcome to the club.

I had that prob but soon come to grips with it.

hope to meet up soon down the cafe 1st sunday of month.

gully:tgoe:

Nickj
20-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Smaller feet.... I know a few reasonable orthopaedic surgeons :mand:

Welcome to the parts bin LOL.. If you don't adapt to the lever just have a look at the other models with a ruler and calipers and see what will fit.

weenyleaper
08-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Cheers, I am getting used to it now, its a super riding experiance...Met a member at Aye Gees whilst getting my sons C90 mot. Did not enjoy riding that. Had ago at the MCC Exeter trial in january on my old Mz grim weather and fell off in the mud but enjoyed the event. Not been very good weather for riding out, dont want to get all the salt muck on my lovely duke.....Hope to get to the cafe on A20 in May.........I think that if god made a better bike he kept for himself...... Growing Old is mandatory, Gowing up is optional.........Weenyleaper

crust
08-04-2008, 09:29 PM
hi, welcome to the club

another MCC member, woo hoo

did the Lands End easter, well when I say did, I mean it did for the bike :(

hopefully fixed for the Edinburgh

:)crust

weenyleaper
10-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Hi crust, it wont be on the edinburgh, as I sold it to a mcc member who is fed up with breaking his mg... I will be driving a special with a heater!!!!!.little nimrod.open car,next best thing to a bike.....Are you a mcc member, I have an idea that there are some duke owners on the classic trials scene......regards weenyleaper

weenyleaper
10-04-2008, 09:38 PM
I was the geezer running the widemouthe bay control, it was very windy and cold, but the bikers were enjoyin the event......Been a mcc member for years, mainly driving cranky specials for the hell of having a thrash about in the mud....but I did manage to get a couple of bronzes, more by luck than judgement cheers weeny