PDA

View Full Version : Finally the message is getting across.

J.P
17-01-2008, 07:03 AM
Don't Drink and drive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7193236.stm

:booze:

jerry
17-01-2008, 01:40 PM
in thailand the motto is '' dont think and drive''

paul33
17-01-2008, 05:47 PM
to some baybe i no some one who has just got his third ban 4yrs 200hrs cs and 12mnths sursoended sent driving a hgv lorry out his head should have band him for life and locked him up not be happy till he as killed some poor sod some people just dont lern do they

gremlin
17-01-2008, 08:53 PM
We were discussing this at the pub the other day, and there was a chap boycotting the pub up the road because the landlady informed on a mate who was drink driving. I told him in no uncertain terms what I thought so did the barmaid. I've had so many chats with mates about their drinking and riding habits, unfortunately the only way they'll learn is by harming someone or themselves. It's one of my real bugbears, I don't worry so much about speeding as long as it's away from built up areas, but I hate drink drivers. The barmaid said she's been hit three times by drink drivers, and not when in a car either bless her. Perhaps if the cops stopped relying on cameras and got out on the roads there would be fewer drink drivers, but I can't see that happening to any great extent, there's too much paperwork with a camera it's all done and dusted with no effort.

Blind Alan
18-01-2008, 12:21 AM
to some baybe i no some one who has just got his third ban 4yrs 200hrs cs and 12mnths sursoended sent driving a hgv lorry out his head should have band him for life and locked him up not be happy till he as killed some poor sod some people just dont lern do they

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

english please.

kaysee
18-01-2008, 07:54 AM

Obviously written by someone who should not be driving:biggrin:

kaysee
18-01-2008, 07:55 AM
When will they get the mobile phone message across:fiery:

vtwin
18-01-2008, 08:51 AM
When will they get the mobile phone message across:fiery:

yeah I know! last night one of my texts took so long to arrive I got there before it.:D

paul33
18-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Obviously written by someone who should not be driving:biggrin:

im sorry i cant spell verry well i just try to do the best i can and bye the way i can drive but it is some thing i didnt do when i was drinking as im an recuvering alcaholic who hasent drank for three years now hense that is why ive only passed my bike test last year but hey if all im gonna get is the **** taken out of me ill not bother coming on anymore sorry for bothering

Nonnie
18-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Please reconsider Paul. I like the way that your location comes up and I'd miss it as I don't think anyone else here comes from S****horpe!

gremlin
18-01-2008, 09:22 PM
We all have the p taken occasionally, it's part of being a community, some of us wind people up more than others:mand: Good on yer for taking on the demon drink and beating it, and for having the courage to tackle it.

paul33
20-01-2008, 01:06 PM
We all have the p taken occasionally, it's part of being a community, some of us wind people up more than others:mand: Good on yer for taking on the demon drink and beating it, and for having the courage to tackle it.

thank u gremlin

Bodybag
20-01-2008, 04:47 PM

Hear Hear!! Well done Paul.

Paivi
20-01-2008, 07:28 PM
"7,800 drivers tested positive...Officers carried out more than 155,000 breath tests in December 2007.."
So, 5% of drivers are still drunk?

paul33
21-01-2008, 02:23 PM
just like to say ta for all youre nice coments it was a hard and rough ride but well worth it so if ther is anyone out there with the same problem my thoughts are with u and thanks again :thumbsup: