PDA

View Full Version : Italian Auto Moto Festival 26/4

NattyBoy
16-01-2008, 10:45 AM
Im unfortunatley in spain on a jolly boys this year but as I'm sure everyone who has been will agree, this is not to be missed....where else can you see a town centre closed off and filled with italian exotica ???!!

A great opportunity to display your pride and joy !

Cheers
Nat

Bristol Italian Auto Moto Festival 26th April 2008

Come and see Italy’s most desirable and charismatic cars and bikes in the heart of the Old City, surrounded by some great restaurants, pubs, and cafes. This will be the best free Italian vehicle festival in Europe! Admission is free of charge to entrants and spectators. A show not to be missed!

Entrants must arrive by 10 am.

Italian bikes do not need an entry permit unless brought in a van or on a trailer, in which case contact:

BIAMF@ourhemanpal.co.uk or 0117 947 5814

Other bike enquiries: ds007h4281@blueyonder.co.uk

Organised by AROC and DDOC local sections

banditloon
16-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Oooo do I take the car or the bike?? Or do I buy a trailer and bring both (not sure if the Monster could tow a GTV on a trailer!).

desmo
16-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Looking forward to it.

Desmo.

giler
16-01-2008, 02:37 PM
I've put it in the diary.
Went last year with Gilps and Shandy, meeting about 150 bikes at Gordano
services. Then all rode in over Clifton Suspension Bridge, sun shining - top day.

Stafford
16-01-2008, 04:36 PM
A grand day out grommet

Gilps
16-01-2008, 05:16 PM
I've put it in the diary.
Went last year with Gilps and Shandy, meeting about 150 bikes at Gordano
services. Then all rode in over Clifton Suspension Bridge, sun shining - top day.

It was a memorable day out. I wasn't there though. I plan on going this year if it fits in with DD.

Half Man Half Mole
16-01-2008, 05:30 PM
I will be going and this will be the third year runnning Moley.

See you all there.

Mike

Shandy
16-01-2008, 06:18 PM
It was a memorable day out. I wasn't there though. I plan on going this year if it fits in with DD.

Thats right I don't remember you being there.......but you are quite short so may not have seen you........lol

Giler your age is getting to you mate, we went with Jacko who wheeled his 748 out for it bi-annual run............;)

I might not be able to make this year but last years ride in from Gordano services was supurb, highly recommended for a day out.......:yoparty: :yoparty:

A few pics from last year,

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/ducatimonsterdog/Bristol%20Bike%20Show%202007/IMG_0005.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/ducatimonsterdog/Bristol%20Bike%20Show%202007/IMG_0012.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/ducatimonsterdog/Bristol%20Bike%20Show%202007/IMG_0007.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/ducatimonsterdog/Bristol%20Bike%20Show%202007/IMG_0003.jpg

Cheers,

Shandy

Nickj
16-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Looks cool, might well drag myself down from the depths of the dark forest.
LOL also gives me enough time to clean the Monnie!!

DavidEJM
16-01-2008, 08:38 PM
I've fancied going to this for a few years, I may make the effort this year and make the weekend of it down there.

sbex216
16-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Whats up Andy......The missus not letting you out that weekend?

Might have to go down for that and see if the Monnie can win a prize.. Seeing as i won best modern classic with my 748 (some git nicked my prize last time)

Half Man Half Mole
17-01-2008, 08:39 AM
Thats right I don't remember you being there.......but you are quite short so may not have seen you........lol

Giler your age is getting to you mate, we went with Jacko who wheeled his 748 out for it bi-annual run............;)

I might not be able to make this year but last years ride in from Gordano services was supurb, highly recommended for a day out.......:yoparty: :yoparty:

A few pics from last year,

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/ducatimonsterdog/Bristol%20Bike%20Show%202007/IMG_0005.jpg

Cheers,

Shandy

Thanks for getting my black S2R in the photo - fame at last!

Mike

LouSCannon
17-01-2008, 09:55 AM
Put it in the diary, might be a bit of a trek for me but will see....

sadbiker
17-01-2008, 10:23 AM
Looking at my calendar should be me and cor coming as well. Will keep an eye open to see if Rich from Ducatisti or Duncun is organising another meet and ride in from Gordano services on the Southbound M5 near Portishead.

Last year we had all marques of italian bikes and the amount that turned up for the ride in was massive.

giler
17-01-2008, 10:30 AM
It was a memorable day out. I wasn't there though.

Darn my alzeimers, darn my alzeimers, darn...................

The Kevlar Kid
17-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Anyone from Beds / Bucks / Herts fancy riding over for this???

I've never been so will probably give it a go this year.

Nickj
17-01-2008, 11:47 AM
Dumb question... Is it just a bikes go here X marks the spot kind of thing or a free for all scrap for spots LOL ... Is there anything like UKMOC goes here??

Devil Child
17-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Anyone from Beds / Bucks / Herts fancy riding over for this???

I've never been so will probably give it a go this year.

Yes please! http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/images/smilies/bounce.gif

giler
17-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Dumb question... Is it just a bikes go here X marks the spot kind of thing or a free for all scrap for spots LOL ... Is there anything like UKMOC goes here??

The organisers keep all the bikes together, they wave you in and then it's a case of slotting in where you can.

sadbiker
17-01-2008, 02:58 PM

Bikes were allocated some side streets last year, they were filled up.

Duncan also organised with Riders of Bristol to have their demo trailor on site and a couple of bikes, this was used to store helmets where space was available and as a good focal point. Duncan is the local UKMOC rep.

Surprised Duncan hasn't put any input in yet, but knowing him he's prob in some far flung place enjoying himself (sorry meant working).

Humbucker
17-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Put it in the diary, might be a bit of a trek for me but will see....

Bit of a trek for me too, but if you fancy it, i'm only down the road from you

Nickj
17-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Got some doss space here for any far flung ppls as long as your ok with a bit of clutter LOL

Shandy
18-01-2008, 12:02 AM
Whats up Andy......The missus not letting you out that weekend?

Nah but got a naughty weekend away planned with her for that weekend...........:woot:

Thanks for getting my black S2R in the photo - fame at last!

Mike

Anytime, it was a good day out last year, the ride in made it, so many Dukes all in convoy.......

Darn my alzeimers, darn my alzeimers, darn...................

You old git.........lol....

sadbiker
18-01-2008, 12:32 PM
http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/meets-rideouts/11377-bristol-italian-auto-moto-festival-26-04-2008-a.html

Devil Child
18-01-2008, 12:54 PM
Anyone know what we could do with a non-Italian set of wheels when we got there? We're thinking about bringing a VFR as well as the Monster (the Monster not being the most comfy pillion carrier ever and I'm being tempted to be brave and actually ride the thing...)

JR
18-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Plenty of places you can park a non Italian bike around the festival
area.

sadbiker
18-01-2008, 01:40 PM
There was a nice Z1 parked up just down from all the Ducatis.....

TORTUGA
21-01-2008, 12:15 PM
I am organising another ride in for this year. It will start at junction 19 of the M5 in the car park of the Easton In Gordanno services again, we will leave the services and turn left onto the A369 and imediatly turn right onto High Street towards Portbury village. Once in Portbury village we will follow the road around to the left and onto Mill Lane. The road will trist and turn up through forests and woods before meeting the B3128. At the junction with the B3128 we will turn left towards Failand and Bristol. We will follow this road and at the traffic light controlled crossroads, we will go straight accross following the signs for Bristol. The road will snake down through more forests until it reaches the A370 where we will cross the swing bridge at the Cumberland basin and head along the A4 into Bristol. We will follow the city centre signs and once on the city centre we will keep right and turn back on our selves and into Baldwin Street where we will take the first left at the Edwards Public House and over the dropped kerb into the parking area.

It will be a fantastic day and an opportunity to ride 9 miles of twisty roads through forests and waterfront with 100+ other Ducati V twins before relaxing in the biggest Italian street party in Britain.

Ride in will meet at 0900 with a departure of 0930.

sadbiker
21-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Lets hope your not the last one to turn up this time rich. I reckon you should be there first to buy us all a coffee. R...

TORTUGA
22-01-2008, 06:45 AM
Lets hope your not the last one to turn up this time rich. I reckon you should be there first to buy us all a coffee. R...

I had to wait for the people that I was riding in with last year:thumbsdown: I wanted to be there first but ended up last:Furious: As I now live in Portishead, I think I have a strong chance of being first:woot:

CK & AK
22-01-2008, 06:50 AM
Spare room sought for one night..... :)

sadbiker
22-01-2008, 08:34 AM
I had to wait for the people that I was riding in with last year:thumbsdown: I wanted to be there first but ended up last:Furious: As I now live in Portishead, I think I have a strong chance of being first:woot:

Hmmmm. Sounds like a few changes been happening since we last met. I will have to try to make it to one of the meets again.

Why don't we all just meet at you new gaff sure 100+ italian bike will help introduce you to the neighbour hood.....

TORTUGA
22-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Well I brought the bike over to the new house just before Christmas, my next door neighbour was out having a good look. Sharon said "I hope they dont mind the noise of it when you go out on it"
Well he couldn't mind too much because last week a Riders van pulls up outside my house (I got excited and thought that Sharon had bought me a suprise) and it rolled out a Red Ducati Monster, which then took up residence with my nextdoor neighbour. So my street is now 2 Ducati's:mand:

Gilps
22-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Spare room sought for one night..... :)

I might be able to help. Paul AKA Bigredduke has already blagged one bed and I do have another. Are you thinking of just the Friday night, as the Saturday could be a little tricky. I live about 50 minutes from the meeting point so am planning on riding down on the Saturday morning. It's looking like it's not going to clash with DD so I'm fairly certain I'll be going.

sadbiker
22-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Well I brought the bike over to the new house just before Christmas, my next door neighbour was out having a good look. Sharon said "I hope they dont mind the noise of it when you go out on it"
Well he couldn't mind too much because last week a Riders van pulls up outside my house (I got excited and thought that Sharon had bought me a suprise) and it rolled out a Red Ducati Monster, which then took up residence with my nextdoor neighbour. So my street is now 2 Ducati's:mand:

No issues then, cups of tea and coffee at yours and the neigbours.....

CK & AK
22-01-2008, 02:52 PM
I might be able to help. Paul AKA Bigredduke has already blagged one bed and I do have another. Are you thinking of just the Friday night, as the Saturday could be a little tricky. I live about 50 minutes from the meeting point so am planning on riding down on the Saturday morning. It's looking like it's not going to clash with DD so I'm fairly certain I'll be going.

Cheers Gilps, but I've just been offered accom only 3 miles from the meet point :) only prob is the PM system seems to not be working at the moment for me to respond :mad: (I can type reply, but am getting database eror when I hit send)

So, barring 'happenings' we will deffo be coming down on the fri after work, home again Sat night :)

C:cool:

Stafford
24-01-2008, 06:25 PM
If you're going to attend, please take a moment to vote in Tortuga's poll if you're able to on the Ducatisti site.

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/meets-rideouts/11377-bristol-italian-auto-moto-festival-26-04-2008-a.html

Cheers

Duncan
30-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Right an update.

The car side is arranged by a guy from the Alfa Romeo Owners called Paul Hanmore and if you are bringing a Italian Car then you need to get a pass asap.

Bikes are being arranged by me and the local members of the UKMOC, DSC and DOCGB all under the banner of Ducati Desmo Owners Clubs. Rich 'Tortuga' will be leadfing the ride in from Gordano services, be there by 9am.

Once again Riders Bristol have committed to a loan of their mobile display trailer and thats going to be in the same place as before. We will have additional space this year to accomodate the expected numbers.
The Guzzi Club and the DSC will be bringing stands along. I will have enough to do but if anyone wants to run a UKMOC stand then step forward.

Upon arrival we will try to keep various marques of machine together but with 150 bikes on the ride in all arriving in 5 minutes, no pre entries and no idea whats coming on the day, its impossible to allocate anything more than a general area for people.
The whole atmosphere is a laid back one and doing it this way means we can keep the show free of charge for everyone with the minimum of admin. All of the risk assesment for the council etc is done by us but whilst we try to keep the bikes secure, it is a very busy public street so park sensibly, maintain walkways, fire engine access etc as instructed by the marshalls.

I have been promised some race bikes including several Verlicchi framed TT2's and am trying to put a roped off paddock area together. Anyone who wants to bring race bikes, let me know early and arrive by 9am. There is parking for trailers at the end of the street but you will need a pass so contact me by PM on here.

Gilps
30-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Bummer - just got the finalised DD dates through and they are rather different to the preveiously published dates. This now clashes with Pembrey so I'm afraid I cannot make it. I was really looking forward to it too.
Have fun.

cinders
08-04-2008, 08:19 PM
Might be worth visiting I take it is the main streets in Bristol?

Cinders

Stafford
08-04-2008, 08:53 PM
Meet up at Gordano Services around 9.00 then a mass ride into Bristol city centre at 9.30 then park up in Corn Street and enjoy all the Italian exotica on view.

Nickj
08-04-2008, 09:44 PM
Still got some doss space in the forest if anyones in need

Duncan
09-04-2008, 08:47 PM
For anyone wondering where this is in Bristol, its on Clare St which is just off the City Centre and Baldwin Street. Anyone who has done bristol Bike show know the area, we are just along the street from St Nicholas market and Corn St.

There will be some special guests though I cant say any more than that until you get there, but they are famous people....
It is now the biggest Italian vehicle show in the UK and possibly the biggest outside Italy. Its the biggest collection of Italian bikes in the UK also.

If you got a non Italian bike there is bike parking on surrounding streets.

Italian bikes dont have to pre enter we have room for all of you, but please note if you are bringing an Italian car and its not entered, you wont get in. All car spaces are allocated and theres no more room and you will have to use public car parks.

bigredduke
09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Anyone offering accommodation for a poor northern lad? It's too far to ride so It would involve a car & trailer as well.

JR
09-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Bigredduke - I am not sure yet if my spare room is booked up (women!!!!!), but if you a prepared to kip on my lounge floor, or even the dinning room next to the Honda, you are welcome, also large secluded lawn if you prefer to pitch a tent. Off road space for a car and trailer not a problem. Located NW of Bristol about 14 miles from the city centre with easy access to the M5 motorway.

bigredduke
10-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Bigredduke - I am not sure yet if my spare room is booked up (women!!!!!), but if you a prepared to kip on my lounge floor, or even the dinning room next to the Honda, you are welcome, also large secluded lawn if you prefer to pitch a tent. Off road space for a car and trailer not a problem. Located NW of Bristol about 14 miles from the city centre with easy access to the M5 motorway.

Thank you, that's very kind of you. Still weather/family dependant, I will let you know as early as possible if that's ok.

Saint aka ML
10-04-2008, 12:31 PM
Oooo do I take the car or the bike?? Or do I buy a trailer and bring both (not sure if the Monster could tow a GTV on a trailer!).

Take your monster and come and join us at 5am on saturday morning. We are going to Bristol via High Wycombe (only that is a motorway bit) rest countryside. One day trip. There will be some people from Ducatisti on that one. I think at the moment 10 people are to go from there.

Any one else want to join?

Humbucker
10-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Take your monster and come and join us at 5am on saturday morning. We are going to Bristol via High Wycombe (only that is a motorway bit) rest countryside. One day trip. There will be some people from Ducatisti on that one. I think at the moment 10 people are to go from there.

Any one else want to join?

I might join you as i cant make a weekend of it so i'll be there and back saturday. Where is the meeting point

bigredduke
10-04-2008, 07:05 PM
As Mrs BRD is not working that weekend & I'm bringing the bike down with the car any way, we thought we might as well make it a family day. We will probably book a travelodge or similar for Friday night. Can anyone who knows the area say if it would be best to stay N, S, E or W of Bristol? Are there any places you wouldn't recommend with a bike in a car park overnight?
Thanks

Saint aka ML
10-04-2008, 07:38 PM
I might join you as i cant make a weekend of it so i'll be there and back saturday. Where is the meeting point

Ace Cafe around 5am. Will post exact time couple of days before. As mentioned we only take motorway to High Wycombe (pick up couple of people) and then no motorways allowed. :yoparty: