PDA

View Full Version : loblox

Blah blah
15-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I was cheerfully informed yesterday that cos the place where I work aint made enough profit building houses over the last 12 months our office is merging with another, so I could be out of a job in 6 weeks, however I won't know for another 2 weeks...:toilet:

fuggin brilliant

and as it's piddling down, and dark, I can't even got out on the bike for a blat to cheer myself up (cos I'm a fair weather 'motorcyclist' before you ask)

Nonnie
15-01-2008, 08:25 PM
Then take your skills and experience somewhere else with a nice commuting route.

One door closes...........

Don't forget to hijack and infiltrate the office switchboard with stupid on hold announcements before you go.

Lowsider
15-01-2008, 09:14 PM
sorry to hear that mate.....

As Nonnie says 'As one door closes another one opens'

Been through this twice. Once kept my job and the other lost it.......

banditloon
15-01-2008, 10:45 PM
I was cheerfully informed yesterday that cos the place where I work aint made enough profit building houses over the last 12 months our office is merging with another, so I could be out of a job in 6 weeks, however I won't know for another 2 weeks...:toilet:

fuggin brilliant

and as it's piddling down, and dark, I can't even got out on the bike for a blat to cheer myself up (cos I'm a fair weather 'motorcyclist' before you ask)

And I thought my luck for 2008 was going down the toilet!!!

Good luck with what challenge arrives next :thumbsup: It's a pain just not knowing for the next fortnight what is happening :(

Capo
16-01-2008, 11:14 AM
What do you do? may be able to help.

Gim
16-01-2008, 03:33 PM
My dear old boss died just before xmas and as its a farm I shall be looking at no job no house sometime in the near future... Still as you say.. as one door closes..:thumbsup: (I hope!)
Rob

Blah blah
16-01-2008, 07:26 PM
What do you do? may be able to help.

I work (worked?) for a rather large housebuilder, looking after the planning and engineering teams building 400 houses per year. What's really getting to me is that even if I'm spared, some of the people who currently call me 'boss' won't be, and I can't do anything to keep 'em (10 people, only 5 jobs)

Thanks for the thoughts, much appreciated, I'll just have to see what happens (and take up drinking again)

And Rob, hope you get sorted soon as well...

ho hum

DavidEJM
16-01-2008, 08:35 PM
This is a familiar story at the moment, a couple of the surveyors I deal with are planning redundancies in the coming weeks/months. Can't help feeling that it is time to batten down the hatches with an economy that is on the brink.

Really sorry to hear your troubles guys, I hope the right door opens for you soon.

I'm self employed, so no chance of losing my job...................................I just won't be making any money :sickly, nervous laugh:

scrumpster
16-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Hard to believe a housebuilder isn't making a profit in this day and age. They obviously aren't as greedy as some!!!!

Good luck though and I hope it all works out for you!