PDA

View Full Version : Arrow Mill - money

Julie
04-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Dear All of you who have paid for the Mill.

I'm sorry but the cheques you made out to the UKMOC are not able to be banked as Terry has just told me that the bank account for the UKMOC is no longer open, and we can not bank the cheques.

I'm not sure what the next move is now.

Please watch this space for further details.

Sorry about the hassle - this is turning out to be abit of a nightmare!

Julie

JerryXt
04-01-2008, 09:47 AM
Julie, your hard work is very much appreciated.

Julie
04-01-2008, 11:26 AM
Due to close family health problems i have to step down from my duties for the monster weekender bookings.

Its turning into a nightmare of a job and i can't really deal with the problems right now.

I'm sorry to let you all down
I had no idea the UKMOC account was no longer open - this has caused a big problem which i just don't have the head space to deal with.

Also due to another change in my suituation i'm no longer coming to the weekender so my single room is up for grabs.

Julie

benson
04-01-2008, 12:41 PM
This isn't about letting anyone down Julie - we will find a way to sort it...Thank you for all your work to date - it wouldn't be happening without you!

scrumpster
04-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Like I said in other post, what if one person were to collect cheques made out to the Mill directly and send them off. Unfortunately I can't go as I hope to be in Assen, will help if I can though!

benson
04-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Indeed Scrumps - that's my thinking and I've e mailed all the folk who are down to attend as well as the Mill themselves to see what's best to do!

here's hoping everyone reads their e mails and we can get things sorted!

xxx

desmo
05-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Don't these rooms need to be secured asap before they are booked by other people not conected to the UKMOC?
Why don't all the people who are presently down to go on the weekender just ring up the Arrow Mill & pay the deposit by card over the phone?
It will be a lot quicker & will then give us time to sort out another organiser to pay the balance etc.

I assume our original cheques will be returned in the supplied stamped addressed envelope?

Quite possibly, me & the Mrs will step in & help out in any way that we can, but at this stage I think that securing the rooms asap is a priority.

Arrow Mill 01789 762419

Desmo.

Zimbo
05-01-2008, 06:14 PM
Why don't all the people who are presently down to go on the weekender just ring up the Arrow Mill & pay the deposit by card over the phone?

Not THAT is such a simple and obvious solution! Everybody responsible for paying their room and meal directly with the hotel. Brilliant :)

fatbloke
05-01-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm sorry this has all gone a bit wobbly
But as I seem to have been cast as the bad guy in this I thought I had better
have my say,
When I stood down as President on the 27 July 07 I sent an email to all
moderators, adim etc stating I was standing down, also in that email I said
that the paypal account and the UKMOC Barclay's bank account would be
closed down,
I should also add that if my memory serves me right that at the time Julie
was not a moderator hence the reason she did not realise the account had been closed.
I'm not saying its anyones fault but..............................................i t ain't mine.

SazzaG
05-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Don't these rooms need to be secured asap before they are booked by other people not conected to the UKMOC?

The whole Mill is provisionally booked out to UKMOC for the whole weekend (it was done as we were leaving last year), so there's no need to panic about rooms being lost.

Julie
05-01-2008, 08:16 PM
As Saz says
I booked the mill as i was leaving last year - Good job as well as 10 mins after that a wedding party wanted to book the mill for that weekend and they said no as i had just booked it. Phew.

I have been in constant contact with the Mill about the UKMOC weekend. The mill is fully booked out for us.

I will send all your cheques back to you and even stump up the stamps for the people who didn't read the details properly and didnt send an SAE - tut tut

I'm sorry i can not carry on - its just i have enough on my plate right now at home and something had to give and i'm afraid it was me collecting the weekender money. I would never have put the weekender in Jeopardy it has always been booked i really can't stress that enough. Please do not worry about your rooms YOU are all in your rooms. I would never drop you all in it like that.

I'm sorry

Julie
05-01-2008, 08:19 PM
I assume our original cheques will be returned in the supplied stamped addressed envelope?.

I have put your cheque in the post

Quite possibly, me & the Mrs will step in & help out in any way that we can, but at this stage I think that securing the rooms asap is a priority.

Arrow Mill 01789 762419

Desmo.

No need to worry about securing rooms that was NEVER in question! please no one ring the mill as they do not need to know about this club problem yet.

We pay the Mill a few weeks before we go with one big cheque normally. They trust us and have booked all rooms to all of the UKMOC. They do not need to be told about a small club problem at this stage.

If you could take over that would be a great big help- thank you. I have all the contact deatils for the mill here and all the emails to and from the Mill since last May 2007 confirming that the UKMOC have the Mill for that weekend. I can send it all over to you to carry the job on.

All as i need is someone to take over from where i have left off.

People are booked into rooms -
We need cheques to be rewritten -
and we need someone to do the following jobs.

1 - collect all re issued cheques
2 - try and fill the remaining empty rooms
3 - deal with all dietary requirements (veggies and gluten etc)
4 - Deal with people who are camping and eating at the mill
5 - Collect balance of money in march
6 - if by march all rooms are not let then give those rooms back to the mill to sell
7 - Pay the mill all of the money
8 - deal with any changes that may happen - ie. people wanting money back as they can no longer come to te weekender.

and anything else that crops up.....are you up to the job DESMO?

Didge
05-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Right. I'm willing to take this on, and here's what I propose, if it's ok with everybody.
Julie shreds or returns the received cheques, (you can shred mine ju, don't bother returning it), and then everyone sends a new cheque to me.
To make it simple, if the cheques are made out to me, I can then pay Dennis out of my account and the job's done.
I may be a bit stinky, and I'm certainly not perfect, but I am trustworthy, and I won't use your cheques to pay for Jan & I to go on our next cruise.:mand:
If this is acceptable to you all, then I'll take this on, and as I did the bookings last year, I sorta know what I'm doing, and I didn't do a bad job for 2007, did I?

Over to you lot to decide if you want me to do it.

Gadget
05-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Well done Didge.

You are a godsend. You have my vote

My cheque will be in the post in the morning. Providing that is alright with everyone else.

J.P
05-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks Didge

Didge
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Don't anyone send me anything yet, as I need to know if it's ok by everyone for me to do this first.

gary tompkins
05-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Didge gets my vote too - can you post your address details up again?

Didge
05-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Didge gets my vote too - can you post your address details up again?

When/if I get the go ahead, I shall do so Gary.;)

Julie
05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Good to talk to you tonight Didge. Glad Jan is on the right track - We were all worried for a while back then!

I have been back in North Staff's again today with my brother. His Cancer is only in his colon - It has not spread. This is great news however he has a long and difficult road ahead now. He had a small op yesterday and is going back into hostpital on wednesday and will be in for a week or so. Then his chemo and radio starts and then an operation to remove the cancer. We are all really hopefull now that he will get better from this after all of the treatment. I have to save all of my energy and spare time for him right now as the next few months are going to be really tough for us. Hense having to pass over my Monster weekender duties.

Thank you to everyone who PM'd me and sent lovely messages.

As i have said before - Here's to hope and health in 2008.

scrumpster
05-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Good news Julie, glad it hasn't spread that's one battle he hasn't got to contend with.

Didge you're 'Da Man' even if I'm not going!!

Terry, no one is blaming you and I can remember you saying at the time the account would be closed so it must have been mentioned in a post and the people on here are sensible enough to sort it - it's a Bl**dy miracle really considering their mental ages :chuckle:

GULLY
05-01-2008, 10:06 PM
You got my vote:thumbsup:

top man

bigredduke
06-01-2008, 08:54 AM
When/if I get the go ahead, I shall do so Gary.;)

Well done that man! Get's my 'vote'
However, smoking is now banned inside Arrow Mill, what about other noxious emissions? You could be spending more time outside than in this year mate!:biggrin:

Nonnie
06-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Thank you Didge.

desmo
06-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Right. I'm willing to take this on, and here's what I propose, if it's ok with everybody.
If this is acceptable to you all, then I'll take this on, and as I did the bookings last year, I sorta know what I'm doing, and I didn't do a bad job for 2007, did I?

Over to you lot to decide if you want me to do it.

Thanks Didge.
I was hoping someone would step forward who knew the ropes, as I have not been a member of the UKMOC for that long & I have never been to the weekender before.

I think this does need to be done by somebody who knows how things are done for this weekend.
I have booked time off work & we are very much looking forward to the weekender so I volunteered to help out as we have organised other bike club trips before in the UK & Europe & I know what a time consuming headache organising something like this can be.

I was concerned that the rooms were not reserved for us, but after reading the above comments , I now know differently.

Thanks once again Didge.
Just tell me where to send the cheque, if you feel that you need any extra help just ask & I will be pleased to help in any way that I can.

Desmo.

Didge
06-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks once again Didge.
Just tell me where to send the cheque, if you feel that you need any extra help just ask & I will be pleased to help in any way that I can.

Desmo.

Ok Desmo. Cheers for that.

alan c
06-01-2008, 06:26 PM
cheers didge, top man,will sort out cheque when all agreed. if any help is needed sorting other things for weekender please let me know, only did first weekender last year but willing to help if needed.

hope jan is getting better, alan c.

benson
06-01-2008, 08:21 PM
I'm so pleased to see that things look as if they're sorted - thanks Didge and everyone else for their offers of support - it does take a LOT of orgamising and the event is such a special one for so many people it's great to see Didge at the helm - even if it is a stinky one!!!

Hurrah for UKMOC and if it's humanly possible I'll be there on the SUnday for the lunch - er no - I mean ride out!!!

Rach
xxx

PS Ped and I are looking into the bank account thing - there is NO BLAME on anyone - it's just a slight hiccup and we'll sort it - even as Scrumpster says our collective mental ages don't add up to room temperature!!!

Didge
06-01-2008, 08:28 PM
PS Ped and I are looking into the bank account thing - there is NO BLAME on anyone - it's just a slight hiccup and we'll sort it - even as Scrumpster says our collective mental ages don't add up to room temperature!!!

I think it would make it easier for future events Rach, if we have another account set up.
No prob tho' with this years Weekender, so it's not a rush to set one up at some point.

Didge
Rubbing his hands with glee at the thought of all those cheques heading his way very soon.

benson
06-01-2008, 08:30 PM
he he he- you could have another cruise!!! I'll be investigating bank accounts in thenext couple of weeks Didge to make sure we don't run into difficulties again in the future...I personally favour the ones with free piggy banks...:mand: :mand: :mand:

Didge
06-01-2008, 08:31 PM
he he he- you could have another cruise!!!

She's on my wavelength.:mand:

CK & AK
06-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Well done Didgy :cool:

AK held my hands back from the keyboard for this, as he knows I want to go this year, but we cant make any plans until we get final confirmation of racedates for the season (they are all provisional at the moment, just like every other race club, apart from WSB/MotoGP etc)

If all else fails, will come up in the race van and 'camp' overnight if we have to, but hopefully should know by the end of the month :)

C

Albie
06-01-2008, 08:41 PM
That will be nice. Hope to see you both there. We will be camping as per usual a few yards from the H pad.

Nonnie
06-01-2008, 08:43 PM
Then I shall make sure my husband doesn't land there!

That still makes me scream. In a bad way.

Albie
06-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Im confused prey tell !

Nonnie
06-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Rod flew the Arrow Mill helicopter 2 years ago.

I was terrified, luckily he knew what he was doing and had more hours than the usual pilot but still terrifying for me standing there, screaming, a lot.

I hate aviation.

gremlin
06-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Yup, had to watch himself on heli lessons at Norwich airport hovering with blades inches from the ground. Not fun, men are so selfish they don't realise how much stress they cause, so I can see your point Nonnie.

Didge
06-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Well done Didgy :cool:

AK held my hands back from the keyboard for this, as he knows I want to go this year, but we cant make any plans until we get final confirmation of racedates for the season (they are all provisional at the moment, just like every other race club, apart from WSB/MotoGP etc)

If all else fails, will come up in the race van and 'camp' overnight if we have to, but hopefully should know by the end of the month :)

C

If you and Alan can turn up, it would be great.
I could maybe do one of my 'turns' on your bike again Charlotte. I know you'd like that.:)

Julie
07-01-2008, 10:19 AM
Thank you to Didge for taking on the rest of the bookings for arrow mill
Thank you to Nonnie and Benson for helping to get it sorted and forum awards
Thank you to Saz for offering to do the saturday activity
Thank you to Gary T for the bike awards

This is great and thank you - but i can't help but think that its the same faces year on year doing these jobs. We all pay the same amount of money to go to the Mill there is no 'cheap' rate for the people who help out and it ends up not being so much of a chilled out holiday weekend for those involved. I would like to see some new faces helping out - not just saying they will help but maybe coming up with ideas for the weekender. Its your weekender YOU choose how you want it run.

Please can you guys who are going to the weekender and are reading this give it some thought.

The UKMOC seems to have a hard core group who always do the admin / events and it would be nice to see the new members getting involved bringing some new ideas.

Julie
07-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Not forgetting Boozy and Isa for all the quiz work they do and provide all the trophies out of there OWN money!!

Julie
09-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Hello Julie,
My name is Mario De Witte and I am the president of the Belgian Monsterclub. I have a account on the UKMC forum and there I have find some information about the Monster Weekend 2008.
In are club we have the idée to come over, I have posted that on the forum. I have asked a date but there was no response. Maybe you can provide me that info.
Maybe it is easier to communicate by mail than on the forum. What is am searching is a person hoe will provide us with al the info so I can put it on are site and communicate to are members.
Maybe that person is you or you know somebody hoe will doe this.
So, i hope all works out and we will see you in 2008!
Greetings
Mario

yellowduc@telenet.be

I had this e-mail the other day as well. not had a chance to do anything with it.

If anyone sorting the weekender wants to take it on be my guest