PDA

View Full Version : ACF-50 Application

LouSCannon
03-01-2008, 09:16 AM
Wasn't sure where to put this question...

Bit f a newbie question here. I've gathered ACF-50 does a grand job of protecting the exposed parts of the monster... picked some up but before I go mad spraying everything I just wanted to ask where SHOULD I be spraying it?

Are there any other tips or steps to take before / after application?

Cheers guys...

JerryXt
03-01-2008, 09:30 AM
I've just done this to the monster and the KTM.

Clean the bike first - it doesn't matter too much if the bike is still wet, it's supposed to displace water to get to the metal.

Don't spray it anywhere near the bike where it can get onto the disks. Use a rag or a kitchen towel and spray onto that, then wipe all the forks caliper bolts etc.

You can spray the engine and exhaust headers although it will smoke when you fire it up.

Basically put a thin coating on all bits of metal (except the brakes and where you contact the bike), painted or not. If you put too much on, it will just slide off onto the ground and then onto your tyres, so use it sparingly.

I believe it comes off with aggressive cleaners like brake cleaner and engine cleaner, but don't quote me on that.

After you've put it on, leave the bike for an hour or so, then fire it up. If you've done the exhaust, the bike will smoke a lot :)

LouSCannon
03-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Cheers Jerry, thought I was worth checking even seemingly basic thins when it comes to looking after my pride and joy!

Might cover up the disks where I can just to make sure!

JerryXt
03-01-2008, 09:42 AM
that would be a good plan.

It's good stuff 'cos it's supposed to bond with metal at a molecular level and cause anything else to be pushed out to the surface. Salt is repelled (big molecules see).

NattyBoy
03-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Whilst ACF is top gear (and beter suited to getting rid of corrosion) if you are after a protective spray then your better going off for scottoiler FS365 IMO ..much cheaper and easier to apply.

Heres a link but you can get it cheaper than this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SCOTTOILER-FS-365-PROTECTOR-SPRAY-FS365_W0QQitemZ110174818408QQihZ001QQcategoryZ1045 8QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p16 38.m118

S4Rs-Tone
03-01-2008, 04:39 PM
when i picked up my s4rs the dealer had acf50'd it , how will i know to reapply and can i just spray it over the top of the old stuff ? and my final question for you very smart people out there is , if the consensus is that scotties product is better can that go straight over the top of acf50.

JerryXt
03-01-2008, 06:05 PM
yup, you can just spray over the existing stuff. Any areas that aren't covered will benefit and the stuff will just run off areas that are covered.

Don't know about the scott stuff

LouSCannon
05-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Blimey, you weren't joking about it smoking! Cheers for the tips.

Melnie Mouse
05-01-2008, 01:46 PM
I think ACF 50 is better than the scottoiler F365 one, it stays on, the scottoiler one keeps running off.... then you use loads more!

JerryXt
05-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Blimey, you weren't joking about it smoking! Cheers for the tips.

That's why I said it twice - it smokes a lot :chuckle: