PDA

View Full Version : Thinking Of selling my baby..........

markus
02-01-2008, 08:16 AM
Ok this is just an idea at the moment, but I'm thinking of selling my monnie

I think i want to sell and then get an older carbed 900 and hopefully have some money left toward a commuter (which i want a triumph bonnie)

So do you think i should sell it as it is (I'll list all the mods in a mo) or try and get it as close to standard before i sell and what do you think it would be worth either way - thanks

Oh yeah - It's an 05 S2R with about 7000 miles and FSH, looked after by DWR

Mods Are

Custom Airbrush/signwriting on tank and cowl
Harris/Baines Racing Clip On's
Rizoma Top Yoke (and clip on's for a higher rise)
Bates style headlight and one off polished 'u' bracket (ala JMO)
Carbon DP front mudgaurd
JMO Tail Chop
Clear Alternatives rear LEd light (with intergrated indicators (front's removed))
695 Black Belt covers
2 x seats (one suede one normal)
Rizoma front sprocket Cover
TPo Beast Pod Filters
Quatd Cat eliminator Pipe
Mivv Conicals (high rise duals - single sided)
Power Comander
Carbon Side panels
R&G crash Bungs both on frame and front wheel spindle
Alloy undertray
Wrapped pipes
New Clocks (old tacho needle went funny so replaced under warrenty)
Fairing removed and clocks lowered
mirriors removed.

And standard wise i still have:
Catalytic convertor
original airbox and lid/filter
fairing
front mudgaurd
Undertray
yokes and Bars
belt and sprocket covers
All tea tray and tail gubbins
indicators
side panels
Headlight (with red shell to match paintwork)
Headlight bracket (shortened for clock to be lower) and powder coated black

So your thoughts please. Ideally I think I would like to put the non-transferable parts back on and sell it 'semi-customised' but what would I be looking for money wise do you think?

Thanks All
M

Dave G
02-01-2008, 09:19 AM
I think your bike is really nice Markus but unless you find someone who wants what your bike has I think you'll be better off putting it back to standard and selling the funky bits seperately.
I have similar mods to some of yours and have very conciously kept all the oe parts for this purpose,I only have one non returnable mod in the blackened headlight ring, but could put my bike back to standard if needed.
Stock bikes will be easier to sell and seem to have a comparison price range in MCN/ebay/Autotrader etc, one off bikes will be harder to judge a fair price on as many off the mods will have no comparable way of pricing them. That leaves you to sell the add ons seperately and while that'll be more hassle you;ll definately get closer to their value than if attached to the bike as a package.

markus
02-01-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks Dave,
yeah that is what i thought. I need to get a replacement 'u' bracket the i can return it to somewhat close to stock, although i no longer have the standard cans.
We'll have to see - i really love that bike, but i'll never have the money to keep it and get a nice everyday bike - and hell i've always wanted a carbed 900 so i'm sure i'll live

JMo
02-01-2008, 08:44 PM
Dude - carbs are so last century! Really, that is such a great bike you have, and pretty much as fast etc as a 900... can't you enjoy the last hurrah of the consumer credit boom before it all goes tits up and finance something for everyday?

xxx

Stafford
02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Dude - carbs are so last century! Really, that is such a great bike you have, and pretty much as fast etc as a 900... can't you enjoy the last hurrah of the consumer credit boom before it all goes tits up and finance something for everyday?

xxx

You're just saying that cos he bought a tail chop :p

SJR999r
02-01-2008, 11:20 PM
GO UP STAIRS,LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND HAVE A WORD WITH URSELF,ITS COLD BUT BE WARM SOON,THEN U WILL MISS IT,SO KEEP IT:thumbsup:

crust
03-01-2008, 05:51 PM
not quite sure why some members on here feel they have to diss the original and best monsters :confused:

Do it.

The proper Monsters with a real race developed frame handle brilliantly

apart from age related wear and tear they're a superb bike and they can be had for bargain prices at the moment.

Keep the parts that can be transfered, sell the S2R in original condition.

:) Crust

CK & AK
03-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Mr Crust, the voice of reason......... :)

otherwise, sell me your engine Markus :D

markus
04-01-2008, 09:15 AM
Y'know I'd keep it if i could get a black tank and seat cowl for it and save me pennies for another bike...............be a real shame to respray over the paint job i already have......
Lot's to think about tho - 1 minute i'm gung ho for selling it, the next i can't bear to part with the little thing...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh what's a boy to do?

damon
21-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Y'know I'd keep it if i could get a black tank and seat cowl for it and save me pennies for another bike...............be a real shame to respray over the paint job i already have......
Lot's to think about tho - 1 minute i'm gung ho for selling it, the next i can't bear to part with the little thing...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh what's a boy to do?

saw this and thought of you dude,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ducati-monster-fuel-tank_W0QQitemZ180208800746QQihZ008QQcategoryZ10448 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

think he's got the seat cowl as well, email him and see if he'll end early for bolth items:D

markus
23-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks Damon - Although is that a metal or plastic tank???