PDA

View Full Version : Another glorious day and I'm stuck indoors!

DavidEJM
30-12-2007, 10:10 AM
I can't believe my luck!

Finally after not being able to get out through work, family commitments and Christmas shopping today was going to be the day and I got up this morning with a neck so stiff and swollen it won't turn and I can't bear the weight of my crash helmet!

I've necked a couple of painkillers and had a massage from my loving wife and hope that in a couple of hours and I'll be OK.

If you're out on the bikes, have a great day and 'be careful out there' (in a Hill Street Blues stylee)

DM

Thumper
30-12-2007, 12:00 PM
:( That sucks! What have you done to your neck? Slept in a funny position? I think you need to get wifey to give you a nice massage, theres still time to get out, its sunny here! (and i have no bike grrrrr)

DavidEJM
30-12-2007, 02:01 PM
Dunno what I've done, had glandular fever a few years back and I still periodically get stiff neck and swollen glands (ooooer). It got worse as the day progressed and I'm now stuck in front of the TV!!

Still not got your CBR sorted then,Thumper? Hope to see you on a new monster soon.

Thumper
30-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Nahhh, its pretty knackered needs a lot of work and my mechanic has man flu.

A friend of mine had glandular fever and she used to suffer from a very stiff and swollen neck, moreso round the front of her neck. Turned it she had a couple of blocked glands and had to have them drained. She was much better after that and hasnt suffered since.

I too have resorted to daytime TV as its raining and even the pushbike cant tempt me out!

Come the insurance payout I'll be Monster Hunting :biggrin:

kevm
30-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Had glandular fever myself some years ago and apparently you never clear it from your system completely. Not allowed to give blood etc. I to get stiff neck and throat problems sometimes. However, I am sorry, but I did get out today and the sound of my new carbon pipes on the overrun is glorious!! Been grinning ever since I got back. Hope ya feelin better soon and the weather keeps up for you. Kev.

JerryXt
30-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Get better quickly. The weather is supposed to be ok tomorrow too according to the young man on the telly.

I was out on the KTM yesterday having a laugh in the countreee and out on the bicycle today getting a bashing from a six foot, fit, blonde twenty-something tri-babe. We turned back at 30 miles - she needed more miles and carried on. Lycra has never looked so good :D

CK & AK
30-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Hope you mend quick!

The weather today was glorious with blue skies & brilliant sunshine (just like the last 3 really)- till we had to catch the ferry home :thumbsdown: and then it was grey & 'orrible when we docked :( .......

Hope to try & get out tomorrow late morning on the bikes, but its only a 'might' at the moment tho :on:

DavidEJM
30-12-2007, 05:53 PM
I was out on the KTM yesterday having a laugh in the countreee and out on the bicycle today getting a bashing from a six foot, fit, blonde twenty-something tri-babe.

Way to spend a Sunday, Jerry!!!! :yoparty:

gremlin
30-12-2007, 06:54 PM
It conjures up a picture!

JerryXt
30-12-2007, 07:21 PM
mmmm, memories :D

gremlin
30-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Sweet dreams!

MrsJel
30-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Sounds a bit sad really! Each to their own - blondes in lycra do nothing for me - but an 80 mile blast on an S2R today now that was something.

Carole

gremlin
30-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Depends who it is! I'm partial to Hammy although I can't say any bloke in lycra is particularly appealing but perhaps I'm old fashioned.