PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Was Cancelled.........

Didge
27-12-2007, 08:22 AM
.......at our place. I took Jan to hospital suffering severe abdominal pain last Saturday morning, and she was taken to the op theatre on Sunday, where she underwent 3 hours of surgery.
Since then, she has been slowly recovering, and is a bit of a sight with all the tubes going in and out of her.
She'll be in there for a little while yet, so if anyone is in the area, she'd love you to visit.
Her full name is Janice Andrews, and she's in:-

Tandridge Ward,
East Surrey Hospital
Redhill
Visiting hours are:- 3pm to 5pm & 7pm to 8pm

Cheers.;)

scrapps
27-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Very sorry to hear that jan is ill.. send our love and hope she makes a full and speedy recovery..

Gilps
27-12-2007, 09:32 AM
So sorry to hear this Didge. Please give her my best wishes and you look after both of you.

SazzaG
27-12-2007, 09:38 AM
So sorry to hear that Didge.

Wish her all the best from us.

xx

Headhunter
27-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Shame to hear this, Didge. Hope Jan recovers quickly - she seemed a strong fighter to me when I met her at the Mill, so am sure she will be out and giving you a run for your money sooner than you think.

All the best.

Jon.

LouSCannon
27-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Best wishes mate, hope she has a speedy recovery!

fatbloke
27-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Did you fart on her??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure that a rest from your botty burps will do Jan the world of good.

Please pass on my best wishes and hope for a speedy recovery

Nonnie
27-12-2007, 10:36 AM
There are probably better ways of leaving you Didge.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thumper
27-12-2007, 10:41 AM
:worried: Poor girl, hope she gets better soon :thumbsup:

Shandy
27-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Hello Didge, pass on my best to Jan mate hope she has a speedy recovery..........

...........at least she didn't have to put up with sprout fuelled xmas day dinner venting from your behind...........

Cheers,

Shandy

gary tompkins
27-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Get well soon Jan - we need you fighting fit for Arrow Mill :spin:

alan c
27-12-2007, 11:59 AM
hi didge, sorry to hear about jan, hope she is feeling better, dont make her laugh to much, could be painfull ? send her my love ! alan c---

Nickj
27-12-2007, 01:47 PM
That'll be you banned from the kitchen then!!

Best wishes for a dull and boring recovery

gremlin
27-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Sorry to hear about Jan, although I don't know either of you send her my regards. Hope she has a speedy recovery.

Albie
27-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Sorry to hear this Didge. Send her our love and get wells. I will try and pop in if I can if Im in the area.

Andy and Caroline

Gadget
27-12-2007, 07:12 PM
Pass on our thoughts, Didge.
Get well soon Jan.

Drucilla
27-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Please send our best wishes to Jan
love Dru, Spike and Eleanor

scrumpster
27-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Gracious, not logged on for a few days, so sorry for the belated wishes. I hope Jan makes a speedy recovery and please give her all my love and best wishes!! xx

MilesB
27-12-2007, 07:56 PM
More love & hugs to Jan from Sue & me

Jules
27-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Didge, Please send lots of hugs & love to Jan, To aid in a speedy recovery. Love Jules & Pedro xxxxxxxxxx
Ps Look after yourself too as she will need a good nurse when she comes home.

Didge
28-12-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks all for your kind words. She was so pleased to hear about them when I told her.
She is getting increasingly better every day it seems, and I've just had a phone call from the hospital, to tell me that she's been moved from the Surgical Stepdown unit, to a normal ward.
This can only be good news, and I'll soon be able to have her back at the kitchen sink and stove.:thumbsup:

New ward details, in case anyone gets a chance to visit are:-

Tandridge Ward,
East Surrey Hospital
Redhill
Visiting hours are:- 3pm to 5pm & 7pm to 8pm

Nim
28-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Poor Jan! Obviously she needs some strange essences and creams that only I would tend to carry around with me....if i go down to my parents later, I will pop in and see her as its not far out of the way. If i dont get to her while its still visiting hours, please send her my love...and let her know i expect you to get her a lovely ducati monster and biking lessons as a get well present, so i can see her out on track next year :)

Mand
28-12-2007, 09:01 PM
I haven't logged on since before Christmas, I am sorry to hear about Jan.... send her my best wishes.

Mand x

GULLY
28-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Hi Didge, sorry to hear about Jan. Wish her all the best from us and a speedy recovery.

Gully & Family

crust
28-12-2007, 10:07 PM
silly old fool

you've crushed her

leaping Didge,crunching Jan

back to missionary for you pal

Get well soon Jan, and next time, you get to leap on him

:)Crust

Julie
29-12-2007, 07:42 AM
Only just logged on and seen this. I'm so sorry didge i hope jan is doing ok.
Best wishes Lots of Love Julie and Ruth

We cancelled christmas as well as just before christmas day my brother was told he had Colon Cancer and i have been taking him to the hostpital for MRI and CT scan - we get those results next thursday. Great start to the new year. I just hope its contained and not spread. Its the same as i lost my mum to when she was 34. This is a really diffucult time for us and his lovely wife He's 38.

Here's to hope and health in 2008 for our loved one's. x

gremlin
29-12-2007, 10:17 AM

We cancelled christmas as well as just before christmas day my brother was told he had Colon Cancer and i have been taking him to the hostpital for MRI and CT scan - we get those results next thursday. Great start to the new year. I just hope its contained and not spread. Its the same as i lost my mum to when she was 34. This is a really diffucult time for us and his lovely wife He's 38.

So sorry to hear about your brother. My dad had it years ago in 1983 and the op was successful and he was a lot older (67) when diagnosed, so the prognosis should be good. Things have advanced a lot since then, it's now one of the better ones to get if that's possible! Send him my best wishes and give yourself a big hug from me.

Julie
31-12-2007, 07:45 AM
Thank you very much, and thank you to nonnie for making me spit my tea at the laptop for her funny PM its ace to laugh - makes me feel million times better.

Didge - How is Jan doing? Is she out yet ... when i say 'out' i dont mean in the 'i'm a lezzer now' kind of way. x

Nonnie
31-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Hey Joo, who'd have thought in my repartoire I would have a "My Funny Colon Cancer Story" somewhere in there.

I knew it was worth holding on to.

xx

Didge
31-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Thank you very much, and thank you to nonnie for making me spit my tea at the laptop for her funny PM its ace to laugh - makes me feel million times better.

Didge - How is Jan doing? Is she out yet ... when i say 'out' i dont mean in the 'i'm a lezzer now' kind of way. x

Sorry to hear about your brother Ju, fingers crossed all ends well.

As for Jan, her condition has deteriorated, and she's been put back in the 'Surgical Stepdown Ward', so they can keep close tabs on her.
On Saturday, she was almost back to her chirpy self, and then on Sunday, she suddenly goes downhill.
They think she's got some sort of infection ffs, and I'm a bit worried TBH.

Nonnie
31-12-2007, 04:57 PM
Well Didge, I am sorry to hear that. I guess she is in the right place for them to be able to look after her properly. Try not to worry, try to keep busy with something Didge. Make sure you are looking after you properly as well.
I'll be thinking of you both and you Joo too.

SazzaG
31-12-2007, 05:03 PM
We're thinking of you both, Didge. Look after yourself, and give our love to Jan.

Joo - see you soon.

xx

claicerrig
31-12-2007, 06:25 PM
Sorry to hear about your brother Ju, fingers crossed all ends well.

As for Jan, her condition has deteriorated, and she's been put back in the 'Surgical Stepdown Ward', so they can keep close tabs on her.
On Saturday, she was almost back to her chirpy self, and then on Sunday, she suddenly goes downhill.
They think she's got some sort of infection ffs, and I'm a bit worried TBH.

Didge

Hang in there Buddy look at me ............They only gave me 24hrs to live @50/50 in Nov2001

If i can pull through a fighter like Jan will too. 5 times they took me back to IC/ High dependency due to infection and assorted stuff what ever we say about the NHS it kept me here and i am forever in there debt

Julie if you or your bro need some one to talk to about i am always available

Thinking of you all and wishing i was closer so i could help in some little way

Clai

PS Blwyddun Newydd Dda I pawb

Julie
31-12-2007, 07:01 PM
Didge

Hang in there Buddy look at me ............They only gave me 24hrs to live @50/50 in Nov2001

If i can pull through a fighter like Jan will too. 5 times they took me back to IC/ High dependency due to infection and assorted stuff what ever we say about the NHS it kept me here and i am forever in there debt

Julie if you or your bro need some one to talk to about i am always available

Thinking of you all and wishing i was closer so i could help in some little way

Clai

PS Blwyddun Newydd Dda I pawb

Hi Clai

I have already told my bro your story. All postive stories are helpfull.

Thank you.

Joo

Didge

Really thinking about you both and here's to hope and health.

joo xxx

CK & AK
31-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Didge, been away till last night & only catching up since then.

Please give Jan all the best from us both - and DONT you even think about sitting your botty near her!! :eek:

C:)

benson
04-01-2008, 12:48 PM
Any news of Jan - Didge - just catching up with threads too after the hols - please send all my love and hope to see you soon,

Rach
xxx

Julie
04-01-2008, 01:00 PM
I phoned Didge last night - but it cut in to answering machine - so i left a message.

Hope all is well xxxxx

Didge
04-01-2008, 08:00 PM
Hi all, here's the GOOD news. After being what the consultant called "A very, very ill lady", for some days, Jan now seems to be recovering well.:thumbsup:
She's now eating, pooing and farting like the best of them, (Me:) ), and according to the consultant, this is a good thing. *
She needs to be on antibiotics 4 times a day, for the next 10 days, and this is given intravenously. The Doc said, that if the pharmacist can supply an oral version, she can come home early next week, but if not, she'll have to stay in for another 10 days.
Not bothered by that, the main thing she's on the mend.
Thanks for all the kind comments from you all, it seemed to give her a bit of a boost when I told her.:thumbsup:

*Remember that next time I fart near any of you, the Doc says it's a good thing.:didge:

scrumpster
04-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Brilliant news!!! I am so glad to hear Jan is on the mend, it's awful being ill at the best of times but over Christmas :( Take care of her and you and maybe the next Carry On saga should be Carry On Farting, starring Didge and Jan??!!! :yoparty:

scrumpster
04-01-2008, 08:17 PM

Julie I hope it's been contained, it's an awful thing to go through, worse for those around you. All the best to your brother and may he keep strong and positive and there are quite a few of us about still on this planet after being hit by such a nasty disease!! I'm not a religious person but have faith!!

benson
04-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Great news about Jan Didge - and so pleased for both of you...

fatbloke
04-01-2008, 09:58 PM
Great news Didge send Jan my best

CK & AK
04-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Cheers for the update Didge - give Jan a big hug from me old boy!

C:)

Melnie Mouse
05-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Poor Jan esp over christmas, glad she's recovering, good luck to both you two, and also to Ju's brother... awful time to be ill and it makes it so much harder....

Best get well wishes xxx

gremlin
05-01-2008, 11:36 AM
So pleased for you Didge, send Jan my best wishes for a speedy recovery, and look after yourself too, we don't want you being ill!

Julie
05-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Good to talk to you tonight Didge. Glad Jan is on the right track - We were all worried for a while back then!

I have been back in North Staff's again today with my brother. His Cancer is only in his colon - It has not spread. This is great news however he has a long and difficult road ahead now. He had a small op yesterday and is going back into hostpital on wednesday and will be in for a week or so. Then his chemo and radio starts and then an operation to remove the cancer. We are all really hopefull now that he will get better from this after all of the treatment. I have to save all of my energy and spare time for him right now as the next few months are going to be really tough for us. Hense having to pass over my Monster weekender duties.

Thank you to everyone who PM'd me and sent lovely messages.

As i have said before - Here's to hope and health in 2008.

gary tompkins
05-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Joo,

We'll all be think of you in the coming weeks, and you will be sadly missed at the weekender :cry:

Thanks for all you have done so far it's much appreciated.

Julie
06-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Joo,

We'll all be think of you in the coming weeks, and you will be sadly missed at the weekender :cry:

Thanks for all you have done so far it's much appreciated.

Cheers gary
Ruth and i will be around at the weekender (even ruths mother will be pillion) as we only live 40 or so miles way from the mill - i may even camp but can decide nearer to the time once i know how things are going with steve.

Didge
06-01-2008, 06:28 PM
Jan's home. She's on a lot of antibiotics for the next few weeks, but she's just pleased to be home.;)

Ju-ju, I hope you end up with a similar outcome with your brother as soon as poss.
Thinking of you, and Jan sends her luv.

alan c
06-01-2008, 06:31 PM
good to hear jan is home, is she in a STINK free room ?:dizzy:

/

Jules
06-01-2008, 06:36 PM
Brilliant news, glad your home jan, Bestest wishes and dont watch daytime telly or you will go mad!!! Did you need to borrow some cook books didge?

ju - ju Hope your brother is on the mend too.

xxx