PDA

View Full Version : Am I 'radio rental' ??! Talking to your bike

NattyBoy
26-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Xmas Poll time !

Every year..I wonder drunkenly into the garage on xmas eve or day - away from the madhouse and wish my nice red shiny italian friends a happy xmas and thank them for getting me through the year..

So...am I on my own..?? :rolleyes: :chuckle:

gremlin
26-12-2007, 09:32 AM
No, I go into our garage and stroke mine and talk to her unfortunately I'm sober when I do it! I talk to her when I'm riding too, but that's probably a hangover from riding horses.

Shandy
26-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Nut job......ive called the men in white coats for you.....lol

CK & AK
26-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Not on your own at all Natty :woot: - though AK larfs at me when I do the same :o

C:)

JerryXt
26-12-2007, 10:39 AM
completely bananas. Now, would you like another blankie dear Lucrezia?

Nonnie
26-12-2007, 10:52 AM
Juan is my best friend. I tell him everything. I sing to him. I am soothing him lately as he is in pieces and he always gets a little pat on my way out of the garage.

Headhunter
26-12-2007, 11:26 AM
Usually when I'm on the road - "come on you b**th" "For the love of god change gear" etc etc.

Thumper
26-12-2007, 12:29 PM
I talk to my bikes like I talk to pets too. Probably insane but I dont care everytime I pat the CBR on the tank and tell it to be good on a trackday it is, so I figure I'll keep talking to my bikes until theres a proven sign it doesnt do any good :biggrin:

gremlin
26-12-2007, 02:58 PM
Of course it works, I used to talk to my mini all the time, he never broke down with me, would get me home or to the garage on vapour when the needle was well past the red line. If my ex took it out it would break down every time and would run out of juice even if it looked as if the tank was half full. He never talked to Toby so Toby got the better of him every time. Hopefully the same philosophy works with bikes!

Pedro
27-12-2007, 08:19 PM
Living in your house I'm not surprised you talk to the bikes, they're the only ones that don't back chat you!!!!

:chuckle:

Jules
27-12-2007, 08:26 PM
i expect even the cat has learnt to talk!

banditloon
27-12-2007, 10:17 PM
While my life was going tits up many years ago, I used to wander into the garage and have a 'moment of clarity' with my bike (which was a lime green Ninja at the time). This has continued, and I'll always talk/scream/swear at my bikes :D

MrsJel
27-12-2007, 10:40 PM
or so my analyst tells me.

I just look at my baby in the garage and tell it (not really decided whether its a he or a she) how beautiful it is.

Carole

gremlin
28-12-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm half expecting his nibs to put a voice box thingy on mine so when I talk to her she talks back and frightens the bejeesus out of me. He likes trying to make me jump out of my skin. He got me well and good before xmas, talk about vertical take off, a Harrier couldn't have done better.