PDA

View Full Version : hammy meets ken evil

grunter
23-12-2007, 06:04 PM
2 nite @ 9 on the good old beeb:toilet:

damon
24-12-2007, 09:46 AM
so did anybody watch it? other people thoughts of the 'great man' would be good to hear, i know he's now passed on so perhaps we should keep it honourable.....

Thumper
24-12-2007, 10:06 AM
I missed it :cry:

But I did watch Evils cheesy film afterwards which was cool! :mand:

grunter
24-12-2007, 10:39 AM
i watched and felt weird not sure who was playing who? and the air line hissing was strange not?

crust
24-12-2007, 10:49 AM
I thought it was great that time hadn't mellowed him

Seemed a bit below the belt that Hammond kept taking him places to show him film of him crashing badly, I bet it hurt like **** at the time, why would you want to keep seeing that?

top man, big jumps on a proper bike

:) Crust

Plum
24-12-2007, 11:06 AM
I watched this and thought it was excellent. You could see at times that Knevel really wasnt well and shouldnt have been there, but sometimes i thought he couldnt be bothered either, but that said, he really wasnt a well man. I just felt so sad that an icon who entertained millions the world over, not too mention a hero to so many of us whilst we were growing up, was reduced to the frail wreck he became. it may have been self inflicted (all the crashes wouldnt have helped), but i guess thats what happend when you find fame.

I will always remember him for what i saw as a kid, and sure there are people doing bigger and better jumps, but he was the first true daredevil

May he rest in peace