PDA

View Full Version : Free Stuff

Blah blah
21-12-2007, 11:31 PM
I don't know about you, but I've got a garage full of bits of motorbike that are not currently attached to the monster, like rear hugger, tea tray, air filter, crankcase breather catchment tank, old micron paddock stand etc etc... (If I look really hard, I'll probabaly also find some old KH250 and Honda tank badges as well)

Now, I've replaced these on my bike with carbony bits, K&N filters and so on, so they aren't any use to me any more and as they're standard they aren't really worth anything, but they may be of use to someone else so.... how about a new forum for free stuff ?? Stuff that's sat in a cupboard for years gathering dust on the off chance that you might use it at some point in the future (you never will, you're just deluding yourself, and in the process collecting a house / garage full of tat).

Just a thought, and if anyone's interested in the bits listed above (or several million cardboard boxes saved just in case we might need them one day) please let me know !

Scotty
22-12-2007, 08:54 AM
could be worse you could keep and collect all the broken bits :look:

I am interested in a oil catch tank to air box tube which is proberly a different shape to what I'm after , got a picture ?

gremlin
22-12-2007, 10:18 AM
I don't suppose you have some of the plastic trim bits that have the monster 600 logo on, the ones under the seat? Mine were broken around the bolt and Clive welded them with CD case but if there are unbroken ones going I would love them for when we tidy her up.

geeman
22-12-2007, 10:47 AM
Im interested in the rear hugger as mines very tatty, the previous owner decided it was a good idea to try and make it shorter and looks like he used a blunt kitchen knife to do it! Let me know?
Cheers

Thumper
22-12-2007, 10:59 AM
I want the boxes!! :D

ricky
22-12-2007, 01:54 PM
begging gits!!! :chuckle: wat about the mentioned FREE category threads? oh no when you people hear free you all come running!! disgraceful!! er anything for me??:mand:

gremlin
22-12-2007, 02:46 PM
i have done this on my message forum, allas its a vmax forum, and they're all a bunch of tight wads :look: :look: click here (http://vmx1200.freeforums.org/index.php)
Mr G

Blah blah
29-12-2007, 09:29 PM
I would have answered sooner you all sooner, but i've been a bit unwell, I still have my bad days, and the others are worse, but tonight I've been mixing the pills with half a bottle of 10 year old port and feel, not so much 'better' but somewhat different !!! :p :spin: :dizzy:

Anyway, to answer you all...

Scotty, I don't have a picture at the moment, but I'll dig it out and see what I can do, I have recently got rid of all the broken bits !!

Gremlin my original side panelly thingies are still attached so you can't have them just yet, unless someone has got some nice (free) carbon ones, :chuckle:

Geeman, if it'll fit and you'll cover the p&p (£10-15?) or pick it up, you're welcome to the hugger, PM me with some details

Thumper, you're welcome to all the boxes, I just need something to pack them into to post 'em to ya...

Katana, I don't have a spare airbox, just an 8000 mile original filter with the airbox trumpets and a bit of plastic that I cut from the top of the original airbox

Moderators, so what about a freebie forum then ????

Oh, and Ricky, next time I see you, I'll buy you a pint:booze:

Thumper
29-12-2007, 11:05 PM
WooHoo!! More boxes yay, I am building a small fortress on my driveway to store my next Monster in ya see :thumbsup:

Hope you feel better soon, Port is lovely especially with a splash of real lemon juice :spin: