PDA

View Full Version : I don't get ebay bidders?????

dunlop0_1
21-12-2007, 06:40 PM
Came accross a new seat pad for 748/916 mono just now on ebay. 19 hours to go and the bids are up to £72 plus £8.50 p&p. Point is, i recently bought a new one from Italsport for £65. WTF is that all about.:scratch:

bod
21-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Ah the joys of Ebay people who dont do there research or get caught out in a bidding war........result for us sellers(kerching):)

banditloon
21-12-2007, 06:49 PM
That's fun!!! I remember doing that on an auction not so long ago. It was something for the Monster, but can't remember what. Anyway there was two auctions from the same bidder, one was buy it now and the other was an auction. I was bidding on the auction and with 50 or so seconds left I was outbid, the auction ended with the winning bidder (not me as I decided to go for the B-I-N!) paying nearly £20 over the buy it now price.

I'm cruel, but hey hoo, life is fun ;)

Albie
21-12-2007, 07:45 PM
I nearly got caught out with a mono seat. I bagged it for 50 but it was like they was hens teeth. I also got caught out first time when advertised as mono and it was a biposto front one. Resold it as biposto riders seat.

I waiting for my 748 mono seat to come back from sprayers. Bad Yeti is doing me the honour. Top bloke. Cant wait to get it on.

2007 only rode it once

pete
21-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Came accross a new seat pad for 748/916 mono just now on ebay. 19 hours to go and the bids are up to £72 plus £8.50 p&p. Point is, i recently bought a new one from Italsport for £65. WTF is that all about.:scratch:

I seems that many people are comfortable using ebay, but quite a few don't seem to understand how to use a search engine outside of it :-) I've seen countless items sell for more than you can buy them from normal online etailers etc...

I think part of it may be the "it must be the cheapest because it's on ebay" mentality.

Yeah right....

Cheers,

Pete

ricky
21-12-2007, 09:23 PM
im guilty of drunk ebay buying!! i bought a speed boat one night i came at 3am!! woke up and checked my emails "you have won....." oh feck! :scratch: turned out to be a good buy! lucky me! :yoparty:

but have nearly been guilty of over bidding! it is fun to win!!:yoparty:

damon
21-12-2007, 09:58 PM
i know exactly what you mean, Ebay can be very very over priced for whats on offer, BUT if you use it as a tool just like a search engine your just spreading your bets!

Im sorry to say it but some people just cant compute that, they see it as the cheapest source without question, ive had bargains off there but equally ive seen things i want on there so over priced i feel like sending the seller an email just to say 'you rip off bas##rd'.......

still each to theyre own i guess, no point in everybody understanding or we'd all never get a bargain :)

Blah blah
21-12-2007, 10:27 PM
There are a lot of people on there who can't be bothered to either shop for something or find out how much a new one is (and long may it continue)... I bought an umbrella from TKMaxx for a £4.99, sold it on fleabay for £20 as a buy it now...

Thumper
21-12-2007, 10:58 PM
I love eBay, I also love the bidders they make me laugh. If I am feeling particularly evil I like to email the winning bidder links of where to purcahse whatever item they bought brand new for sometimes half the price. Strangely I never hear back from them but it does make me laugh. Its like the Ikea advert, we're all getting bargains, theyre getting ripped off, its the clever dumb balance restored :D