PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone my Monster 620 ie doesn't start

Mat
20-12-2007, 06:09 PM
Got it all sorted thanks for the speedy advice.

Headhunter
20-12-2007, 06:29 PM
This thread is battery related but sounds a hell of a lot like what you're describing. Hope you get it sorted.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=25659&highlight=image

p.s. You also need to get out on it more. Can't be leaving her unattended for months on end - is a birching offence.

Scotty
20-12-2007, 06:31 PM
sounds like the, whine 'n' click of Doom, how well do you get on with your bank manager ?

Thumper
21-12-2007, 11:03 PM
Mine went "whine, click, crunch", strapped it into an electric chair (booster pack) and it behaved itself. Even if I left mine unridden for 1 day it wouldnt start without swearing at it. Hopefully its just being stubborn, they dont like the cold ya know. Just tell it to behave or you'll buy a Triumph, bet it'll start after that :thumbsup:

emily's driver
22-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Check your starter solenoid / relay for a good connection.

ricky
22-12-2007, 07:05 AM
dont worry the exact same thing happened to mine!!:worried: check all your fuses, if all ok, jump start it and let it run for as long as possible!

CK & AK
22-12-2007, 08:20 AM
Charge the battery for more than just over night, as with not being used it will be deader than a dead thing. Also if not used for months, the fuel goes off sometimes too, so might be worth also topping up with super unleaded or putting in some octane booster (from most motorfactors, branded as Nitrox or similar STP etc) this tops up the octane in the fuel if leaving for a long while.

AK's been using his tricolour Monster (M900ie) for commuting in all this cold weather - even in minus 6 on Weds - and it goes every day.
It just needs to be used..........

Happy charging & starting - and a happy christmas too :cool:

C:)

Mat
24-12-2007, 12:18 AM
dont worry the exact same thing happened to mine!!:worried: check all your fuses, if all ok, jump start it and let it run for as long as possible!

Cheers for the reply Ricky you got it spot on the heavy duty jump leads worked
a treat from a Volvo battery to my bike. I ran it up for 15mins and now it works ok

Mat
24-12-2007, 12:32 AM
Mine went "whine, click, crunch", strapped it into an electric chair (booster pack) and it behaved itself. Even if I left mine unridden for 1 day it wouldnt start without swearing at it. Hopefully its just being stubborn, they dont like the cold ya know. Just tell it to behave or you'll buy a Triumph, bet it'll start after that :thumbsup:

Yes i threatened to buy a Jap bike and i got it going soon after -- rather
uncanny - but no other bike could sound so Monster.

Thumper
24-12-2007, 10:00 AM
hehehehe, excellent glad you got it started. I also find that Monsters (v-twins on the whole actually) need warming up a little longer than inline fours. I left my Monster to warm up in this weather for about 10-15 minutes, if I didnt it would be a bit stuttery and always stall the first time I had to stop at a roundabout.

Nickj
24-12-2007, 10:55 AM
Hardly got the engine to register a temperature the other day, 20 miles flashing LOW, then managed to grawl up to 55 after a few miles at quite naughty speeds.
Anyone tried blanking off a bit of the oil cooler?? Should stop it cooling down so fast at speed, not of course that I would ever speed nor condone adding at least 30 to any limit .. (where it's safe to anyway)