mad_turnips
20-12-2007, 01:49 PM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20071220/tuk-uk-britain-mobiles-fa6b408_4.html

banditloon
20-12-2007, 01:59 PM
:thumbsup:

JerryXt
20-12-2007, 02:12 PM
this is all over the bbc at the moment. People just don't see themselves swerving all over the road and not being aware of what's going on around them.

There was a case recently of some woman in court over killing someone while she was allegedly on the phone. Was looking at going to jail and was surprised...

The sooner the average joe finds himself in chokey with some of the guys who were eyeing Marchesini up, the better. If your buddy was jailed over something, you wouldn't do the same thing in a hurry.

CK & AK
20-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Totally agree with Jerry on this - having been nearly wiped out this morning by someone driving with one hand, no seatbelt & slumped to one side while resting one elbow on the steering wheel while holding a phone to his ear - on a roundabout!!!! :mad:

Diego
20-12-2007, 03:39 PM
So many times I have been in a near miss because of this....one of inner city London biggests hazards.

Last time this woman did a u-turn mobile in hand and nearly knocked me down in the process.

I fail to see how the police are going to enforce this though....perhaps more motorcyle cops?

LouSCannon
20-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Was just about to say the same Diego... all these new rules are fine, the problem is enforcing them.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Motorways Agency Traffic Officers get the power to report this.