PDA

View Full Version : Banned for speeding. Brilliant!!

Bodybag
18-12-2007, 04:41 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7149915.stm

How funny is that!!

bigredduke
18-12-2007, 04:53 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7149915.stm

How funny is that!!

My worry is he may not be able to afford the fine.

Bodybag
18-12-2007, 04:58 PM
I know, 600 Euros is a lot of wonga!

J.P
18-12-2007, 05:13 PM
How will he get all his cash to Switzerland now ?

Darry
18-12-2007, 08:24 PM
Bet the French Rozzers were in a Renault and didn't like a McLaren driver being quicker! :biggrin:

neilbaldry
18-12-2007, 08:58 PM
"The speed limit on French motorways is 130km/h (85mph)."

What the fluff?! how comes the frenchies are better off than us?!

gremlin
18-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Because they stick their fingers up at the EU:biggrin: :biggrin:

Bodybag
18-12-2007, 09:09 PM
Because, apart from round Paris (Le Peripherique) their Motorways are brilliant. Generally traffic free and very good surfaces. Not like our overused, overfunded and under-maintained crappy roads. I used to be able to do Toulouse to Calais in 10 Hours, even leaving on a Friday morning and hitting Paris mid-afternoon!!

http://www.multimap.com/maps/?t=r#t=r&map=47.69021,2.82357|7|4&route=DC,1.44295:43.60436;1.85214:50.95786,0|Toulo use:Calais|Toulouse,%20Haute-Garonne:Calais,%20Pas-de-Calais

neilbaldry
18-12-2007, 09:13 PM
bloody spineless labour govt. damn them all to hell!

Will
18-12-2007, 09:27 PM

130km/h = 81mph

gremlin
18-12-2007, 09:46 PM
When I went to Fighterama we had to go through France and Belgium before getting to Rheinburg just into Germany and the roads were pretty good and people were hammering past us with no aggro. I think we took 5 hours to get from the venue to Calais via a diversion due to an accident and the Antwerp ring road. The signs are better too it showed a picture of a crashed car so you knew what the problem was, unlike the UK where you don't know why you're sitting there like a lemon. Tonight was a classic, we left Colliers Wood south London at 2.15 we got home at 7.45. An accident on the A13 clogged up the roads for miles around. Then we had to stop on the M11 for ages and all it turned out to be a lorry with a flat tyre on the hard shoulder. So in Europe you can go through three countries over here you struggle to get through 4 counties in the same time.

LouSCannon
19-12-2007, 06:52 AM
Don't get me started on this...

I drive A LOT of miles, both in the UK and Europe. The UK has by far the worst overall road system. Some countries have their faults, Holland can often have motorway congestion, Belgium has awful city centre roads, France has the French. Also most of Europe suffers from lack of cats eyes, which you don't realise the benefit of until it's p*ssing down at night and you have no idea where the lanes are!

However, the UKs entire road system is just laughable (Ireland comes a close second). Out of date speed limits, roads flooded with haulage vehicles due to the lack of a decent rail infrastructure, road works that take ten times as long due to health and safety, so many speed camera people pay more attention to their speedos then the road. And the icing on the cake the general AWFUL standard of driving out there, causing dozens of accidents every single day.

Sorry for the rant, but when I think about the number of hours in my life have been simply wasted sitting on our roads it gets me going!

Paivi
19-12-2007, 02:11 PM

That's not just in France, that's across the continent. Motorway speed limits vary from 120 to 140kmh.

I love riding on the continent, you can actually make progress, and people use the middle & outside lanes purely for overtaking, not hogging them for the duration of their journey.

JerryXt
19-12-2007, 02:49 PM
I'm out in Marlow at the moment and my colleagues are constantly late because some idiot has crashed on the M4 or the M40.

I blame crash ratings - if these people were on bikes or 1980s cars, natural selection would ensure that they became better drivers or jam.

neilbaldry
19-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Don't get me started on this...

I drive A LOT of miles, both in the UK and Europe. The UK has by far the worst overall road system. Some countries have their faults, Holland can often have motorway congestion, Belgium has awful city centre roads, France has the French. Also most of Europe suffers from lack of cats eyes, which you don't realise the benefit of until it's p*ssing down at night and you have no idea where the lanes are!

However, the UKs entire road system is just laughable (Ireland comes a close second). Out of date speed limits, roads flooded with haulage vehicles due to the lack of a decent rail infrastructure, road works that take ten times as long due to health and safety, so many speed camera people pay more attention to their speedos then the road. And the icing on the cake the general AWFUL standard of driving out there, causing dozens of accidents every single day.

Sorry for the rant, but when I think about the number of hours in my life have been simply wasted sitting on our roads it gets me going!

great rant sonny jim. i totally agree, but why wont/ cant the govt do something about it?!

Bodybag
19-12-2007, 10:58 PM
great rant sonny jim. i totally agree, but why wont/ cant the govt do something about it?!

Becasue they're too busy pumping money into Albanian refugee shelters to appease our European Masters!!

gremlin
20-12-2007, 10:14 AM
And funding their own pensions and that of every other quango they've created to tie people up in red tape, and wasting money on computer systems that don't work, and sending money into the EU that doesn't ever get used for the right stuff but disappears into the pockets of the biggest most useless quango ever invented.