PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone here a lawyer?

JerryXt
18-12-2007, 11:13 AM
...with a spare half an hour? I'd like someone to look at the legal notice on this forum and a couple of others to see what restrictions there are on the use of posts and give their view on what use is allowable.

Thanks!

Headhunter
18-12-2007, 11:43 AM
I can only claim to make lawyers richer, however, I think Logyk and Nik the Brief are the guys you need to speak to.

You in trouble on the other side? Some of the stuff on visordown is great but may overstep the boundaries for some.

JerryXt
18-12-2007, 12:17 PM
not me, helping a mate.

Nonnie
18-12-2007, 12:33 PM
Sounds terribly mysterious!

Pudding Head is a lawyer too. A contractual one I think, I don't know, she uses big words and everything!

What did your mate do?!

JerryXt
18-12-2007, 12:47 PM
actually nothing, but posts from this forum and others are being reproduced by other people and I am unsure of the legality of using a post for purposes other than initially intended.

Nonnie
18-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Oooooh! Show me!

Have you got a mystery machine?

JerryXt
18-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I've been asked to keep it in confidence. Re the mystery machine - ssssh, not in public :D

Nonnie
18-12-2007, 01:05 PM
Dagnammit now I'm really curious.

katana
18-12-2007, 01:33 PM
What other purpose could there be?

Well is it copyright? If it copyright stuff, chat to revfred on vd tell im I sent ya.

Scotty
18-12-2007, 04:26 PM
be careful what you 'say' type

there was 'recently' (a year or two ago) a road traffic collision or whatever they like to call them these days on the hartside pass (local very twisty road, its ace)

one fella was on a bike going down the hill under the NSL on his side of the road all above board, the car that drove over him was presumably motoring and 'strayed' onto the other side of the road and nigh on killed the lad on the bike (don't think he will walk again sort of thing)

and now to the point of this story the lad in the car used a car forum extensively and was on a drive out with a few of them , humm actually the details are kind of hazy these days,

anyway he mouthed off on the forum and the transcript was used in some sort of law court by the police/prosecutor to send him down

I'll see if I can find it if its of interest (a lot of reading)

humm actually it being so old and involved with a court case the thread may have been deleted or archived you will really have to dig about to find the whole story

linkey (http://hartside.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2626)

Bodybag
18-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Its this one on Pistonheads. A very moving read, as its written by the driver (10 Pence Short) of the car on his experience and his time in prison. His addition to the thread starts on Page 3 and carries on for a fair while. He doesn't deny anything and explains it as neutrally as he can.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=&t=442266

Scotty
18-12-2007, 05:27 PM
yeah thats the 'aftermath'

gremlin
18-12-2007, 07:09 PM
I know cops are now using videos from Youtube et al to prosecute numpties, if that's what you mean.

Nickj
18-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Contents probably copyright, all rights to UKMOC as soon as posted. Fair use might be allowed but blatant plagarism or direct quotes might be in contravention. As all the content is in the public domain with no restrictions on viewing posted comment it might be a little wooly. All depends on how it's worded which does need the interpretation of a suitably salaried eye :freak: