PDA

View Full Version : Goodwood - Festival of Speed / Revival

LouSCannon
16-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Do many people from UKMOC attend either of the big Goodwood events?

I've just booked the tickets for next year (Splashed out on a combined ticket, paddock and start line grandstand) for me and the missus, was wondering if anyone here is likely to attend?

No doubt will be taking the Ducati for the Festival of Speed, but might be heading down to the revival on an original 1960s Triumph (I know someone with two).

Went down there years ago when it first started, but missed every one since!

The Kevlar Kid
16-12-2007, 08:55 PM
We go to the FOS every year - wouldn't miss it.

I promise myself every year that I'm going to get to the revival, but never seem to make it - next year I'll try again :o)

gremlin
16-12-2007, 09:16 PM
I promise every year we'll go but something always stops us so maybe this year!

David Matthews
16-12-2007, 09:21 PM
We go to the FOS every year - wouldn't miss it.

I promise myself every year that I'm going to get to the revival, but never seem to make it - next year I'll try again :o)

Some friends of mine prefer the Revival as they say it isn't as hectic and is less of a scrum.

Migsangel
17-12-2007, 08:57 AM
The FOS well worth attending. I have not been to the revival. I am thinking about going next year to the FOS, and making a weekend of it....

Dave in USA
17-12-2007, 09:02 AM
Marshalled at the FOS from 95-2002 every year, awesome event, something for everyone even remotely interested in racing!

Revival is great too, real racing in cars worth millions, and they really race em (unlike at the Monterey Historics over here)

Either event is worth it...

:biggrin:

LouSCannon
18-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Looking forward to both events, I went down for a day back in 2002(I think, could have been 2001) and shook hands with the legend Barry Sheene, apart from that missed all the others.

The other half is up for dressing up for the revival... *gulp*

Dave in USA
18-12-2007, 05:53 PM
The other half is up for dressing up for the revival... *gulp*

Thats half the fun, heard from a couple of friends who are involved with it that this year it was a case of 'spot the person NOT in appropriate attire'

Don't forget, its 50's/early 60's themed, so its not too hard...Go raid Grandpa's wardrobe..or take a wander through Camden market one weekend.

LouSCannon
18-12-2007, 07:08 PM
Thats half the fun, heard from a couple of friends who are involved with it that this year it was a case of 'spot the person NOT in appropriate attire'

Don't forget, its 50's/early 60's themed, so its not too hard...Go raid Grandpa's wardrobe..or take a wander through Camden market one weekend.

I'm thinking pipe and trilby....

Dave in USA
19-12-2007, 01:23 AM
I'm thinking pipe and trilby....

Exactly...pair of cricket white trousers, brown 'sensible' shoes, shirt & tie or cravat & away you go....and you have time to grow the cad mustache too

http://www.trashfiction.co.uk/terry_thomas.jpg

LouSCannon
19-12-2007, 06:42 AM
Ooo now there's an idea! hehe