PDA

View Full Version : Roll On Spring

Humbucker
15-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I know it's the season of goodwill and all that, but personally i really cant wait for the warmer weather and the salt free roads. Had a free day today which i dont get very often and it would have been great to get out for a ride. In the end i ended up shopping at Lakeside. Although there was Alice Desmocidici in House of Frazer which cheered me up a bit

LouSCannon
15-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Went out for a ride yesterday and today, was just as fun. Gave the bike a good clean afterwards, don't see the problem?

Nonnie
15-12-2007, 03:25 PM
Meanwhile, back at the ranch the undisturbed and seemingly innocent thread waits to be unexpectedly turned into the Fair Weather Biker debate!

LouSCannon
15-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Meanwhile, back at the ranch the undisturbed and seemingly innocent thread waits to be unexpectedly turned into the Fair Weather Biker debate!

Sorry, newbie to the board here, didn't mean to make a comment that starts something that's been said before...

Just honestly don't see the problem with the weather. :scratch:

Will
15-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Yeah, real bikers ride all year - like me; innit.

Scotty
15-12-2007, 03:57 PM
eye down south where its a balmy 20 degrees warmer ;)

went oot for Christmas meal today only 20 miles damm it's cold (and grim) up north

Nonnie
15-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Sorry, newbie to the board here, didn't mean to make a comment that starts something that's been said before...

Just honestly don't see the problem with the weather. :scratch:

I am teasing you!

It's something that will come up though.

Mark Me My Words Yea Verily I Say etc etc!

JerryXt
15-12-2007, 04:30 PM
eye down south where its a balmy 20 degrees warmer ;)

went oot for Christmas meal today only 20 miles damm it's cold (and grim) up north

it's only cold because you're wearing a t-shirt :chuckle:

gremlin
15-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Must admit it was quite a good day and would have loved to get the beasty out. But a long standing mate had asked to come over to pick up one of his engines this afternoon and his nibs had a hangover from a party last night. I was really p'd off when the engine decided to fall over on it's trolley and then have it's top end come off and dump oil all the way up the drive! I spent the next hour or so trying to soak it up with sawdust and cement. It still doesn't look too good so if anyone knows how to get oil off that packed down sand and gravel type stuff please let me know before I get done by the Environmental Crimes Team. Needless to say "mate" f****d off and left me to it so I am far from a happy bunny.:Furious: :Furious:

Nonnie
15-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Gremlin, you need "Daves Insanity Sauce"

Hold on, I'll get some and read to you what it says on the side...............

"A great cooking ingredient for sauces, soups and stews. Also strips waxed floors and removes driveway grease stains.
Enjoy!"

Can be bought from The Chilli place down on the A140.

It is conceivable it would work. It's lethal stuff.

gremlin
15-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Do they do it in bulk? It sounds like the Death Sauce we got for Christmas last year. A bit on the end of a cocktail stick will make your average saucepan of chilli silly hot and I love hot stuff. If it does that to wax floors what is it doing to your stomach!

Humbucker
17-12-2007, 03:15 PM
Just to let you know i am by no means a fair weather biker, just prefer the warmer weather. Having arthritis in both hands riding in the cold can sometimes be dangerous for me as it does affect my hands quite badly. Would like nothing better than to ride all year but sometimes for me it just isn't possible

banditloon
17-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Just bought myself an Alfa GTV for this lovely weather! Damn bike is starting to protest now!

Usual morning conversation with my bike goes as follows;

"Start......."

"F**king START!!!!"

"KEEP F**KING RUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"BAST**D!!!!!"

Repeat from Start until the neighbours get peed off, and I have to ride the bike hoping it'll keep running at the 6 sets of red traffic lights I get stuck at every morning!!

Damn cold weather!!!

JerryXt
17-12-2007, 04:52 PM
I've got a KTM for commuting now. It's got carbs and I've got to pull a lever before it will start. Then it runs, stops, runs, stops until I fiddle more with its lever and get it good and warm. Then, if I try to ride it before it's good and ready, it will just stop and try to throw me off.

Bit like an ex...

Scotty
17-12-2007, 05:12 PM
umm I keep having to blip the throttle at the lights to keep motor going ( I relay should adjust tick over) bit like a mini moto

also oddly enough engine starts from cold relay well, but is a cock if you have to start from warm

however since car has passed its MOT I'm going to use that for a week or two sitting in traffic until insurance runs out damm it