PDA

View Full Version : TV show on banning YouTube racing videos

DevilBoy
12-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I watched a show last night with Quentin Wilson about people recording themselves doing wheelies and driving fast, and whacking them up on YouTube.
They had the usual experts in who say that "These people are maniacs" etc etc.

I agreed with their point of views on the cars doing drift turns etc, completely wreckless, and stupid.

But then they went on to say that the videos should be banned on websites, and the owners of You Tube should be banning the videos, and the internet should be policed etc!
I still cannot believe that these 'Experts' are still trying to police the internet. I work on the web (Web designer), and I know for certain that the internet is the only true place for free speach, and no matter how anyone tries to police it, there will always ALWAYS be a way to get around it.

Just thought i'd have a quick rant, not at the illegal driving stuff, coz some of it was just stupid, but at the shock mongers trying to rally public support to ban content on the internet!
It aint gonna happen ever, so stop talking about it! Idiots!

ok, rant over. Resume normal service. :thumbsup:

gremlin
12-12-2007, 04:00 PM
We got the tail end of it, I must admit the bikers doing silly speeds white lining it in the wet made me cross because we all get tarred with the same brush. The biker they had in the studio was lucky though, I didn't hear them say whether the driver got done for reckless driving, after all he did pull out in front of the guy. As for the lads at the end, it just makes the arguement for restricting youngsters all the more valid. If bikers have to be, why shouldn't drivers go through the same, most of them have passengers when they prat about and put others at risk.

Stafford
12-12-2007, 07:10 PM
I hope they didn't see Bikes Aloud 2 on Men and Motors just now as the guy wheeled the 916 down the B road then. :eyepopping:

crust
12-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Mr Policeman needs to have a good look in the mirror

Police, camera action etc were around way before you tube

that clip they showed is about four years old

badly researched, sensationalist trash TV

as for their argument that people copy them, thats rubbish, motorcyclists have been riding like twats for years

its what they're built for

:) Crust

gremlin
12-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Luckily Mr G hasn't been caught yet, the Fazer wheelies like a loon! Has been known to do 1/4 mile on one wheel. Dave Sonski wheelied one for 2 miles but not on the road.