PDA

View Full Version : Only when wet....

Headhunter
06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
I know Dukes don't particularly like the wet and cold weather but recently mine has been extra tempermental when idling at the lights.

Will happily idle at 1k or just above and then every 5 secs or so, she'll dip right down to .5k and make you think she's about to cut out on you. Go to pull away and no probs - same power/torque etc.

Just wondered what it might be? Plugs? One cylinder for a couple of secs? It just wants to feck me off because I'm riding her in the cold and wet?

Scotty
06-12-2007, 08:48 PM
could be just damp enough to miss an ignition

ive heard of some sort of silicon sealant type stuff to go round the plugs or something to prevent them arcing outside the cylinder but cant remember what its called, more popular in MX and off road type river crossing scenarios

Headhunter
06-12-2007, 09:10 PM
Cheers Scotty. Will take a butchers on google and see what I can find.

Pedro
07-12-2007, 12:05 AM
HH

might be the throttle position sensor - speaking to Louigi the other day, he reckons they have about about plus or minus 2% on position so the motor can actually think the throttle are fully closed at idle and hence dump in some more fuel to make it pick up. This may explain the issue. Louigi spotted it om my 1000 and said he reckoned the tps needed setting up again.

HTH
Ped

jerry
07-12-2007, 04:04 AM
I was going to say TPS as well .

Jerry

Headhunter
07-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Cheers Pedro and Jerry.

If she continues to annoy me in the rain I'm gonna bring the 24k service forward and get Rosso Corse to play with the TPS.

Jon.

Diego
21-02-2008, 08:28 PM
Got the same issue now. Only after picking up a nail last week in my rear tire last week. grrrr

anyways...Headhunter, was it resolved by the lads at rosso corse. was it tps position/ re-calibration?

Pedro
21-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Got the same issue now. Only after picking up a nail last week in my rear tire last week. grrrr

anyways...Headhunter, was it resolved by the lads at rosso corse. was it tps position/ re-calibration?

Yours won't have a tps - only found on fuel injected bikes.

Diego
21-02-2008, 09:01 PM
Ah! Back to the drawing board then. Thought it was petrol 1st as whilst pulling away in 1st (releasing the clutch) it just started to stall. Then whilst idle. Albeit whilst running in 2nd and 3rd no issues. Weird!!! Then read this thread and thought bingo....but alas...im gonna have to see whether the same will happen again tomorrow morning.....