PDA

View Full Version : s4rs red or tri colour ?

S4Rs-Tone
05-12-2007, 02:57 PM
whats the general opinion out there , having had great fun from my s2r 800 ive been given the go ahead for a shiny new s4rs. heres my (great) predicament cmw have a red one in stock which is at 2007 price,apparently theres a price increase in jan . this will put the price difference between this one and a tri-colour at 1k. do you think i should pay the extra for the tri- colour or go red and get termis and any other luxuries i can squeeze.

spm23
05-12-2007, 03:05 PM
Red!
The tri-colour is nice but it's won't be of any additional value in the long run. Personally I don't like the green.....too dark.

desmo
05-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Go for the base colour & goodies

Desmo.

JerryXt
05-12-2007, 03:09 PM
+1

the bike is great as standard, but you need the full termis to unleash the beast. Offer them their asking price plus 1K for the termis and see what they say.

It's just a shame the bike isn't white and red :D

YoungDucS4R
05-12-2007, 03:10 PM
Definitely, definitely, definitely go for the red + termis + ECU + open airbox option!!
Believe me you wont regret it!!

J.P
05-12-2007, 03:24 PM
I'd stick with the RED and use the money wisely. Like for the Termi's & ear-plugs, because that open air filter is VERY loud.

squiffything
05-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Play hardball if you want the tri go for it but at their price you want termi's put on and possibly a few other goodies you can think of at the moment. Be sure to let them know that you will walk away and look elsewhere but also that if they will work with you you will have the bike. They make loads of profit on them and this time of year they are slow sellers so this last sale could mean a big christmas bonus for them.

barbican
05-12-2007, 04:08 PM
Go for the red and termis after all you need to be quick before permision is withdrawn!

neilbaldry
05-12-2007, 04:13 PM
totally second what squiffy says. you are doing them a favour buying the bike, not them selling you the bike.

or if you want, wait until the new year to see what offers and sales they have got on?

sidrat
05-12-2007, 04:38 PM
ok, so i am going to say dont buy the red one!!. Buy the tricolore or white one. The red one with a red frame is just too much and doesnt stand out as something special, the tricolore not only looks great, it will be exclusive, which is what you are after by buying goodies in the first place! AND it celebrates the motogp win, you know it makes sense

S4Rs-Tone
05-12-2007, 04:47 PM
o ,does the red with a white strip have a RED frame !!!! i dont think thats a goer :thumbsdown: and a larger part of me says the tri-colour is a stand out motorcycle , my worry is its a little bit to puff daddy in the bling department. termis can come later , putting the extra cash to one side what do you lot think of the tri.

S4Rs-Tone
05-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Play hardball if you want the tri go for it but at their price you want termi's put on and possibly a few other goodies you can think of at the moment. Be sure to let them know that you will walk away and look elsewhere but also that if they will work with you you will have the bike. They make loads of profit on them and this time of year they are slow sellers so this last sale could mean a big christmas bonus for them.

in my youth i worked in the motor trade starting as a salesman , so i would like to think i had good negotiation skills , however when buying my s2r i got a datatool alarm as my 'deal'. does any 1 else outhere think i could negotiate something around the cost of a set of termi's.

David Matthews
05-12-2007, 05:08 PM
What about mentioning a few things in conversation to see what reaction you get. A rear hugger is essential to keep it clean and should really be standard. The same goes for a bellypan. Neither of these items would cost the dealer a lot. The first service must be hugely profitable for them, judging by the short time they took to do mine so there's scope for negotiation there.

Fraser
05-12-2007, 05:22 PM
its time to buy. i just paid £6.6k for 18 month old S4RS in black with silver stripe. got extended warranty, full termi system, ecu, airbox, extra carbon etc etc!! and a free sticker!!

barbican
05-12-2007, 06:03 PM
Tone

Give me a call - I have a strategy!!

Rogerg
05-12-2007, 07:41 PM
its a well known fact which has been debated on here many a time.

Red ones are fastest.

JerryXt
05-12-2007, 08:34 PM
...except when they're mostly white :chuckle: