PDA

View Full Version : Hypermotard / 848

Humbucker
02-12-2007, 10:26 AM
So wednesday i pop into my local dealer and have a chat about the Hypermotard. Bearing in mind i love my Monster to bits i have began to struggle with it after this year. I stopped riding for a while and bought a monster to get used to riding a bike again after having a ZX6R Ninga 4 years ago. Now i'm riding regularly again i miss the extra umph that i was originally used to. So i book to try the Hypermotard. Yesterday nice sunny day and so i go along to try and also see the new white 848 demo just arrived friday afternoon. Although stunning it's out of my price range and so i climb aboard the hypermotard 1100s. WOW... What great fun. Agressive throttle, front wheel more or less begging me to give it just that little bit more so it can fly into the air. Throw it in and out of bends with ease. However, the seat height was a tad to high for me and the acceleration was a bit to agressive for the riding position in my opinion, i am simply not used to being in a sit up and beg position and accelerating so rapidly, brakes are also fantastic but although fun it not for me, but i can see why it selling well. I get back to the shop and the guy i know pretty well asks if i want to try the 848. Within seconds i was on it and heading out to the lanes. It is absolutley a stunning bike and the best bike i have ever ridden. Smooth power delivery beautifully balanced and suprisingly confortable. I get out to the M11 and give it a bit more and it is awesome. I WANT ONE. But as i said earlier it out of my price range at momentwhat with doing up the house blah blah blah. So i have a problem. What do i do.

Back at the shop i stumble across a 2004 749s stunning, low miles one owner Full DSH, Immaculate in red.Mmmmm. Lets just say when we next meet i may very well be on it. As for the 848. If you have the money get one. (and i'm not on a commission)

Headhunter
02-12-2007, 11:34 AM
I really want to try the 848 but am worried I will have the same response as you mate.

Do you reckon they will have a 3rd off in the New Year's sales? :chuckle:

I think Bodybag and a few others own 749s too. Am sure they will give you some pointers as to what's best.

J.P
02-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Glad to here that confidence is all back. And I'm sure we're all the same really, not just a one bike person, we like loads of bikes for loads of reasons.
JerryXT picked his 749 up not that long ago and he can may be give you some advice.

J.P
02-12-2007, 11:53 AM
And can't you just leave something off the house that would give you enough money ?
I dunno, something like the roof ?

Humbucker
02-12-2007, 02:21 PM
HH dont ride it. It grips you, gets in your head and you cant stop thinking about it.

Unfortunately JP if i do press ahead with the 749 the monnie will have to go and that makes me:cry:

JerryXt
02-12-2007, 02:51 PM
...748R for £3,700

I got a bargain, but what a bike! It's a focussed track tool and costs a little more to run than a standard 748, but there are loads of bargains around at the moment.

IMHO, look at something a few years old. The 749 is supposed to be a better road bike than the 748 and has quality written through it. You can pick up a good bike for less than the cost of a 696.

AK (of CK & AK fame) rode the 848 yesterday and prefers the 999.

Keep the monster tho. They're great all-rounders, whereas the sports bikes can be a real pain in the rear when you're not 100%.