PDA

View Full Version : 696 info

desmo
30-11-2007, 03:28 PM
Went to the bike show yesterday & saw the 696, I reckon it looks much better in the flesh than the photos I have seen up till now.
The wife got to sit on both the 695 & the 696 & after a bit of thought, she decided on the 696.

For those of you didn't know, Ducati are releasing 2 versions of the 696.
The standard version comes as the bare bike like the 695 priced at £5500.00
They are also releasing a 696 plus which comes with a colour matched seat cowl & screen priced at £5750.00
Colours are TBA. Due in dealers around April / May 08

Desmo.

Thumper
30-11-2007, 03:41 PM
Blimey, £250 for a seat cowl and screen, thats ridiculous!

Incase anyone missed it on the other thread, Stormies wife Christine ordered one last Saturday from Ducati Coventry. She was only the 2nd person to put an order in for the bike. She has gone for the base model, just hoping it comes out in black!

neilbaldry
30-11-2007, 03:50 PM
i would like to see what it looks like with a screen

CK & AK
30-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Screen & seat cowl cost about £125 & £90 respectively for the older ie models (like 750ie/800ie/900ie/1000 etc) so with brackets to be purchased for each as well, then its prob about the same price to 'dress' a basic model' unless you but them off ebay - and will the lder ones still fit? :confused:

Snells took an order for a 696 over 2 weeks ago! :eek: so sorry Stormies Mrs - you were not the first :eyepopping:

Thumper
30-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Yeah true. Just remembered how much my carbon cowling cost (reduced price from Natty not main dealer) and then the perspex screen to go in it from Duc Coventry... a tad hefty on the wallet so maybe not so pricey afterall ;)

I dont think Christines too worried about not being "the winner" in the race for the 696 :flag: But at least it was 2 UKMOC members that got the first 2 ordered! :mand:

STORMIE
30-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Told ya thumper, people need to turn everything into a pissing contest!
i never ever said i was the first ,i don't have the need to be first thanks,so you can save your sorries eh.I'm just happy to have ordered one,get a life for god's sake and stop trying to put people down.

CK & AK
30-11-2007, 09:40 PM
Told ya thumper, people need to turn everything into a pissing contest!
i never ever said i was the first ,i don't have the need to be first thanks,so you can save your sorries eh.I'm just happy to have ordered one,get a life for god's sake and stop trying to put people down.

wasnt putting anyone down Stormie (and we do have a life;) ) - just mentioning that Snells had taken an order for one (our mate Dementor works there) as soon as the info had come out.
Glad that some seem to like the new look :) - and hope the new toy works out well when it arrives

Lucati
01-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Oooh, somebody got out of bed on the wrong side this morning!!!