PDA

View Full Version : S2R and Autocom

Montana
30-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Hopefully in a couple of weeks time I will be getting an S2R 800.I currently have an Autocom in a tank bag and want to be able to put the Autocom permanently on the bike, is there anywhere to put this, e.g without it getting wet and having it wired to the bikes electrics ?

Andy

J.P
30-11-2007, 09:47 AM
Depending if you've an alarm under your set there should just be about enough room there. You might have to remove the useless tool kit though. That should keep it dray and be easy to access for the cables and power if you do want it there permanently.

Gilps
30-11-2007, 10:14 AM
As JP says, the only real psace is under the seat. I fitted a similar system on mine. To do it I had to remove the tool kit and the lid that covers it to create a gap.

J.P
30-11-2007, 10:42 AM
No Gilps, if you do have stuff already under the seat, like I do. Where else can it go ? I've been thinking of installing a more permanent version to the bike vs the bluetooth one I've got because it runs out of juice too quickly.

Darry
30-11-2007, 03:09 PM
On my 620 I've got the Autocom under the Carbon fibre side panel in a plastic bag, it fits nicely and cannot be seen. The other side panel hides my scottoiler.

Darry.

Chaos Inc.
03-12-2007, 03:37 PM
If you already have stuff under the seat then the best option is similar to an optimate option. I can't recall the part no but you can get an conecting lead permanently wired to the bike and when you wish to use the Autocom you merely plug it to this lead [similar to having the opitmate plugged into the lead left on the bike]. You can have the Auto on you still or in a tankbag but it is then powered off the bike as if connected. Best of both, wired into bike with portability of not having to mount it permanently somewhere. I think they were part 155 and 156. Not sure so doublecheck.