PDA

View Full Version : Been to the bike show?

desmo
26-11-2007, 04:48 PM
Has anyone been to the bike show yet?
My Mrs knows someone that went to the show in Milan & they said that Ducati were not allowing anyone to sit on the new Monster?

Is this the same at the NEC?
Mrs Desmo was hoping that the 695 & the 696 were going to be at the NEC, so she could try them both out for size to see which one she prefers?

Desmo.

Gilps
26-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Has anyone been to the bike show yet?
My Mrs knows someone that went to the show in Milan & they said that Ducati were not allowing anyone to sit on the new Monster?

Is this the same at the NEC?
Mrs Desmo was hoping that the 695 & the 696 were going to be at the NEC, so she could try them both out for size to see which one she prefers?

Desmo.

I went on Friday. The new Monster is on a platform behind a low barrier. I told the Ducati guy I wanted to sit on it, so he let me.:D You don't ask, you don't get.

I felt like a Monster when sat on it. I don't think you are going to decid which one to get based on just sitting on it though. I don't think they had a 695 though, can't rmember seeing one.

Johnnyg
26-11-2007, 05:50 PM
Was at the show yesterday and quite a few people were sitting on the 696. There is a 695 there too.

Jules
26-11-2007, 06:58 PM
The 695 monster looks tired but the new 696 is ....... stunning! The photos dont do it justice its so much better in its shining podium position at the show. Its on my christmas wish list!!!!

Thumper
26-11-2007, 07:04 PM
I went Saturday, I leant over the barrier and prodded the seat, one of the Ducati guys said I could have a sit, so I did and clouted the seat hump with my foot as I was so nervous coz everyone was staring at me :dizzy:

I cant have one, computer said no and it was very small for me, felt cramped on it. Still cant decide whether I like it or not either!

They have a 695 in Black, sat on that too, and everything else with Ducati written on it, just so I could have some pleasant dreams riding home.

STORMIE
26-11-2007, 07:58 PM
I've ordered one, woohoo! have to wait til May though