PDA

View Full Version : Mmm 848

Melnie Mouse
26-11-2007, 11:35 AM
Is nice in the flesh..

- funny how it hasn't got proper bar ends on though.. not that the 1098 has proper ones, but still what a gorgeous pearly white :)

Pedro
26-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Needs a red frame not the dull grey colour....

scrumpster
26-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Can't wait to see one in the flesh but from the pics prefer the red one! I take it there is one at the NEC??

barbican
26-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Is nice in the flesh..

- funny how it hasn't got proper bar ends on though.. not that the 1098 has proper ones, but still what a gorgeous pearly white :)

Is there one in CMW Mel? And is that 999s still there?

(By the way the new gloves are great, thanks for the advice)

Melnie Mouse
26-11-2007, 03:02 PM
yes it is in the shop, and yes 999 is still there. and excuse my poor memory but can't remember gloves but glad they're okay... and thank you for thanking me ha ha...

Ped, there is always one who has to comment on wrong frame colour huh? I think it goes nice with the DUCATI words on the tank that colour...

Nim
27-11-2007, 06:32 PM
i had a sit on it yesterday at the NEC and its got a bl**dy 830 seat height, which means tippy toes for me! i guess the gixer might have to be the next bike i get.....(shhhhh.....ill still have a monster :))

JerryXt
27-11-2007, 06:46 PM
i had a sit on it yesterday at the NEC and its got a bl**dy 830 seat height, which means tippy toes for me! i guess the gixer might have to be the next bike i get.....(shhhhh.....ill still have a monster :))

glad to hear it Nim - we'd miss you at the track and Box!

Nim
27-11-2007, 08:26 PM
glad to hear it Nim - we'd miss you at the track and Box!

Awwwww...thats so sweet! id always have a monster :). Dont get me wrong, im still pretty hot on the 848....id just have to sort out $$ and seat height (and check out the handling). Oh dammit. Now im talking about it again, I want it!

MJV
01-12-2007, 12:52 PM
Just been down to Motorapido, the 848 is really nice :) so good in fact, i'm picking one up next weekend, the monsters going :( been a good time, but the 848 was too much to resist.

Nim
01-12-2007, 01:18 PM
Just been down to Motorapido, the 848 is really nice :) so good in fact, i'm picking one up next weekend, the monsters going :( been a good time, but the 848 was too much to resist.

im so jealous it actually hurts!!!!! let us know what its like as soon as youve gone for a spin!!!!

barbican
01-12-2007, 03:51 PM
Went to see the 848 at CMW and it's certainly a nice looking bike. Don't know what its like to ride because I went out on a 1098s instead:thumbsup:

FANTASTIC

Not absolutely sure I could live with one though. Too many pies and too many years have gone by so I resisted the temptation to order one, and I am now "thinking" about it

HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM

No still cant decide:dunce:

bad-yeti
02-12-2007, 12:26 AM
At least the 848 is a beautiful machine, personally I've ordered a 1098.

But one thing I must say about the NEC is "Who the hell was allowed to design the new Monster?" It's dreadful and I can see it destroying the Monster brand, just my opinion but Oh my god, it's just dreadfull!!!!

N.B. By dreadful I'm not talking about the performace because I wouldn't have a clue about it but the look and the finish, was it put together in China?

I'm so damn mad!