PDA

View Full Version : S2R 800 Black

Rusty35
23-11-2007, 02:47 PM
Earlier in the week I mentioned I had struck a deal on a 695 with Metropolis. I went to part exchange my Bike and sort the docs out this am and upgraded the sale to a S2R 800 in Black. It just felt better....

Super Smashing Great!!!!!!:booze:

Thought I would never say this in my life but I am officially in the club...See you all in the new year at a meet, will not be ready til Jan due to financials :banghead:

giler
23-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Well done, and the right colour as well!

Rusty35
23-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Cheers Giler, yeah I like the Black, also like the old S2R colours better, Black with Orange, Orange with Black etc...May look at custom work after a year or so (paint work etc).

CK & AK
23-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Nice one :cool:

When you do get it, dont forget to pop over to us for a cuppa (GU22) - and see some more 'orange' Monsters :D

C

Rusty35
23-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Sorry CK and AK, what was your name? I have been a little dishonest as I had not passed my full test as yet but was to embarrassed to come on the site as a Newbie on a Prov! Will have paid for the Bike in full by 22 December, providing I have any money left I will sit my test in Jan and be on the road end of Jan or start of feb. About 8-9 week's I guess, will have no Bike until then as well. If I had not made a commitment I would have spent some of the cash on a Plasma. As for the Cuppa thats very kind of you and will most certainly take you up on that offer, I will bring the Chockkie Bickies...Ha-ha

CK & AK
23-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Chockie bikkies always accepted as currency! :D

Good luck with the test, and if you need someone to 'test' the bike for you then give me a shout ;)

Charlotte

Rusty35
23-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Its a brand new one so should be OK should it not? If you fancy picking it up for me once the payment is settled so I can gawp at it outside my house until I am legal that would be great! I will have the Kettle Boiling and the Sarnies out, maybe even a Beer or Wine if you wish...I am on the Wagon :hail:

Rusty35
23-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Although dont know how that may work Insurence wise as it will not be insured I guess, unless I just insure it lively and hope all go's well. I guess if I move it it should be fully insured anyway just in case of pilfering!

Rusty35
23-11-2007, 04:01 PM
Ofv home now, will check mail later...Cheers CK. Rusty

CK & AK
23-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Rusty, if you do get stuck give us as much notice as poss & we can try & help out - we have the race van (can get 3 bikes in there) & could poss help out for diesel tokens...... I will check with AK when he comes home later :)

You must get insurance - even just for theft & get it SORN if not taxed.

Rusty35
24-11-2007, 11:00 AM
I get two year's tax in the deal and will insure it straight after the final payment unless it will be covered by Met's insurence. Probably will just leave it there, the temptation of having a little drive round my Garden cold prove to tempting, maybe the shop. Twisty's are out side my drive (Buckland Twisty's) in Reigate on the way to Dorking and Box Hill, could not get reigate on my address for some reason. Cheers CK

Bodybag
24-11-2007, 11:20 AM
Don't be embarassed about not having done your test yet. Nobody else is. We all start somewhere. I was a prov when I joined up here and I'm now on my 3rd Ducati. :D

P.S. It took me three goes to pass my test and I had a Monster sat waiting for me for the entire time. Bloody turn in the road!!

P.P.S DO NOT DO YOUR LESSONS AND TEST ON THE MONSTER!! It has the worst turning circle of anything this side of the USS Nimitz!!

scrumpster
26-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Well done on your purchase, a very good choice :) Good luck with your test too. They make a great bike to start on (and stay on!) although some of us started on a 600 :flamed:

barbican
26-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Nice bike in the best (fastest color) - Now get that test over and done with - good luck

Rusty35
26-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Cheers, hope to crack it first time. Historically I seem to fail all test's first time and pass second. Lets hope I can break the habit of a lifetime. As this is something I passionately want to achieve then I am sure it will make a difference. I hate tests....Any advise on one piece racing suits would also be of interest, although thats a March 08 purchase, budget £650-750.

JerryXt
26-11-2007, 12:46 PM
re one-piece, I wouldn't bother. All my suits are 2 piece. If you've ever been to the loo at a trackday and seen the guys with one-piece suits trying to pee while keeping the arms of the suits out of the pissoir, you'll know what I mean.

You've also got to be a contortionist to get in one. (the suit, not the urinal, clearly).

BTW, well done on the bike. Damiano is a great guy and will look after you properly. I'd personally recommend getting someone else to service it tho.

Rusty35
26-11-2007, 04:38 PM
That's my plan, any surgestions? Cheers Jerry

JerryXt
26-11-2007, 04:41 PM
NO!!!! You're not dragging me into that one again! :chuckle:

Rusty35
26-11-2007, 04:47 PM
You sure that was me? are you talking about the Pro Twins saga....Havent got to worry about service for a while so will look into feb next year. Still got the test to deal with, going through Salfords in Redhill way. Seem like a good outfit. A fella called Spirit or something like that is the trainer. I got a good vibe from him, sure he will do the trick! Where are you based in London Jerry?