PDA

View Full Version : fuel filter ?

andy mac
23-11-2007, 01:05 PM
3 mornings in a row bike has conked out in exactly the same place after about a mile and wont restart for 5 mins,tempted to blame fuel filter, after it does restart no probs Any shedders of light out there ps it does need a new battery

desmo
23-11-2007, 04:34 PM
check the fuel tank breather isnt blocked or the pipe isnt crushed, next time it stops, open the fuel cap & listen for air being sucked into the tank, then see if it will re-start immediately.

Desmo.

andy mac
26-11-2007, 10:32 AM
at least not in fuel or breather pipes but problem persists very annoying

dunlop0_1
26-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Carb icing is possible...........

andy mac
27-11-2007, 04:01 PM
and bypassed it no change new plugs and battery but still stops after amile and restarts after 5mins and then no problems its boring me now some body on here said injection bikes cant ice up and its stored indoors overnight so i am at a loss

andy mac
27-11-2007, 04:41 PM
i could take the bloody thing out and thrash it for an hour:) :) when this rain stops long enough

crust
27-11-2007, 07:45 PM
have a look under the tank cap and make sure the little rubber chimney/tube is lining up with the hole

:) Crust

andy mac
29-11-2007, 10:08 PM
this morning after starting very nicely,it stopped after 200 yds with no spark at either plug but everything else ok.Have checked all connections i can replaced relays new plugs ,am now stumped can some one please tell me if theres any thing can check before ducati have it ,and i suspect a lot of money

Zimbo
30-11-2007, 07:59 AM
Carb icing is possible...........

Not on an injected bike . . . .

Gilps
30-11-2007, 08:18 AM
this morning after starting very nicely,it stopped after 200 yds with no spark at either plug but everything else ok.Have checked all connections i can replaced relays new plugs ,am now stumped can some one please tell me if theres any thing can check before ducati have it ,and i suspect a lot of money

Check all the fuses. I had this several years ago with a Honda. The main fuse had a poor connection so it would overheat and cut out. Once the bike had cooled down a little it would restart OK. Took me ages to figure out what it was.

mad_turnips
30-11-2007, 08:26 AM
had a similar prob mine ended up being the fuel hose was fitted the wrong side of the other hose stopping the filter from spinning wonce you have lowered the tank not sure about sparks though ( have you checked ht leads for kinks or breaks?)

andy mac
30-11-2007, 10:54 AM
checked with meter both seem ok replaced all fuses bypassed sidestand and kill switch still engine spins but no spark ,pick up coils perhaps i have run out of ideas: