PDA

View Full Version : girls? wanna give me a hand?

neilbaldry
20-11-2007, 08:02 PM
trying to choose something for the missus for crimbo on ASOS.com, and im trying to find stuff i think she would like, and its really bloody hard!

ladybird
20-11-2007, 08:10 PM
i'd be of no help, i like tech and bikes :)

Nonnie
20-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Little tip here Neil.

DO NOT BUY CLOTHES!

I repeat............... Honestly, nobody ever likes clothes that are bought for them unless they say to you directly, I WANT THAT ONE THERE, IT FITS, I LIKE IT, I'M A SIZE WHATEVER

However, jewellery is an entirely different concept and one should go completely nuts and spend what one can afford on it.

Hope this helps.

xx

Seriously, don't buy clothes.

The reason I know this is because once, a long time ago when I used to live alone, I used to buy fleecy pyjamas to keep me warm in bed at night. Rod caught sight of my everyday pyjamas once and thought I really liked the fleecy style with sheep on etc etc which I don't but bought them because they were warm and the next Christmas presented me with some pyjamas that were, let's just say tactfully, a bit ****ing awful. Yikes, he doesn't know this so shhhhhhhh eh?

ladybird
20-11-2007, 08:23 PM
and that :)

that is defintely more helpful advice

neilbaldry
20-11-2007, 08:24 PM
so if i were to buy clothes/ shoes, it should be on the previso that the missus has already said 'i want them!'?

maybe i should get her to show me what she likes. tho it wont be a surprise then! she did say she trusts me and i have a good fashion sence (damn straight!)

Nonnie
20-11-2007, 08:31 PM
so if i were to buy clothes/ shoes, it should be on the previso that the missus has already said 'i want them!'?

maybe i should get her to show me what she likes. tho it wont be a surprise then! she did say she trusts me and i have a good fashion sence (damn straight!)

Then she's either a brave woman or she doesn't like to hurt your feelings!

Advice? Look at the site together, see what she likes and then choose yourself from her selection, that way it's still a surprise what she actually gets and she'll also actually like it.

Oh yes, it's a nice thing youre doing, wanting to surprise her and all. Really nice. Just clothes are a bit tricky that's all. Don't want to rain on your parade.

xx

ladybird
20-11-2007, 08:40 PM
good luck!!!!!
(also, if you really are going to buy clothes better to buy something too large than too small)

Nonnie
20-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Ooooh I don't know there ladybird.

I'm a 12 and I'd be gutted if Rod bought me a 14, I'd rather he bought me a 10 and I took it back!

That's because I'm vain and the wardrobe fairies have been at it again, shrinking my clothes!

ladybird
20-11-2007, 08:46 PM
good point, although, the larger sizes sell out faster (maybe for that reason)
i'm a bit cuddlier than most though and hate it when i get something that is too small and then go to change it and find that it was the largest size they did :(

and it's not just in the ( o Y o ) department anymore
damn those pies!

Nonnie
20-11-2007, 08:52 PM
Ah but the pies are good yes?

I eat pies and wear magic knickers!

It's the only way I feel.

gremlin
20-11-2007, 09:24 PM
Clive asks me to write a wish list and he picks stuff off it. He also buys most of my clothes and so far he's been brilliant, not one yuccy thing. Should I be worried? I you buy clothes go through the wardrobe and check sizes, a safe bet would be accessories to go with what she's got. Perfume is good but what smells good to you in the shop may not smell as good on her, skin does strange things to it.

ladybird
20-11-2007, 10:05 PM
stuff on the floor/washbasket is better for sizing as the stuff in my cupboard is there because i don't want to get rid of it yet as _will_ fit in it in the summer again (honest)

Rusty35
20-11-2007, 10:30 PM
Ah but the pies are good yes?

I eat pies and wear magic knickers!

It's the only way I feel.

Magic Knickers are the see through ones right! thats why they are magic...

Joking ofcourse...sorry...:)

Nim
20-11-2007, 11:05 PM
well, id like an 848 for xmas....get her that and she'll love you forever!

Rusty35
21-11-2007, 03:22 AM

Why not get her the box set of sex and the city, all women seem to like that show, well I dont know about Biker chick's, maybe not! But I take it your misses does not ride a bike? also you could get her some Charbonnel et Walker Chocolattes to eat why she is viewing. You could hand her them in a nice new Burbery Bag or maybe get her a nice Burbery or Aquascutum Mac...nice and stylish £300 thou at least (Sales), universal and very practical considering the marine climate with live in. :spin:

CK & AK
21-11-2007, 07:04 AM
If you were my other half Neil, I'd be well chuffed with a new Arai helmet, or some new bike boots - maybe even a new 2-piece :)
A pair of tyres wouldnt go amiss, or a voucher for the next service (due Jan)

Otherwise a bit of 'bling' for me would be good - new necklace - with matching earrings, maybe a braclet too

C, definately NOT wanting DVD's for xmas...

Thumper
21-11-2007, 07:34 AM
They've got some really nice lingerie on ASOS. Its easy, just rifle through her knicker drawer to find out what size she is. Just dont let her catch you and for the love of god dont try anything on no matter how soft it feels :D

Oh and dont buy anything thats really smutty or with a label that says "increases your bust size 10 times" coz you'll probably get a slap ;)

To be honest you cant go wrong with some sexy lingerie, big bunch of flowers, box of choccies and teddy bear - very romantic, very classic, never fails.

Failing this, if she really wants clothes and your worried about what to get her how about buying her a gift voucher for Harrods and setting a date to take her for a romantic trip into London. Go to Harrods, hop on the London Eye for some champagne and finish the night off with a film and a posh meal.

Hope that helps!

Bodybag
21-11-2007, 11:32 AM
trying to choose something for the missus for crimbo on ASOS.com, and im trying to find stuff i think she would like, and its really bloody hard!

Stop thinking about her in lingerie and it won't be!! Fnaar fnaar!! :look:

The oldest trick in the book. They say that as a test!! If you buy her stuff she doesn't like, then she'll say you "don't understand" her and you'll be single again by New Years Eve.

Failing this, if she really wants clothes and your worried about what to get her how about buying her a gift voucher for Harrods and setting a date to take her for a romantic trip into London. Go to Harrods, hop on the London Eye for some champagne and finish the night off with a film and a posh meal.

Hope that helps!

Book a long weekend in New York, £350 each. She'll love you forever and she can buy her own stuff for Christmas. :D Worked for me a few years ago!!

mad_turnips
21-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Book a long weekend in New York, £350 each. She'll love you forever and she can buy her own stuff for Christmas.

the mans a genius

Mand
21-11-2007, 12:54 PM
Nice website, sorry I am too busy looking at it myself to think of any bugger else! :D

Mand
21-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Advice? Look at the site together, see what she likes and then choose yourself from her selection, that way it's still a surprise what she actually gets and she'll also actually like it.

Best advice there!

Oh this is a nice site too..... www.figleaves.co.uk

That way, you can maybe suggest she buys herself something nice for your Christmas pressie.... ;)

JerryXt
21-11-2007, 01:17 PM
C, definately NOT wanting DVD's for xmas...

Better tell AK directly then. Last I heard was he was putting together a Highlights of Bones and Hawk '07 :chuckle:

+ 1 on the 'don't buy clothes' thing. And def no chickflik DVDs, otherwise you'll have to sit through hours of endless tedium!

One Christmas I bought Mrs Xt a trackday in a Cooper S. She loved it and the boys and I entertained ourselves offroading and hired a Lambo for a few laps. Excellent value. She's asked for a tank driving day next.

Oh, and every other year it's something sparkly from here http://www.georgjensen.com

Clearly, discard my advice - not being a girl an'all. JeRRy, not JeNNy :D

Rusty35
21-11-2007, 01:37 PM
Sh_t, thats why I am a singleton....My idea was poor compared to some of you old timers...

JerryXt
21-11-2007, 01:57 PM
...and the insurance is so much cheaper :D

banditloon
21-11-2007, 02:10 PM
As the boss tells us every year at work...

"I bought my wife a pair of slippers and a vibrator. If she doesn't like the slippers she can go **** herself"

Another great lesson from the boss! :D

Melnie Mouse
21-11-2007, 02:20 PM
They've got some really nice lingerie on ASOS. Its easy, just rifle through her knicker drawer to find out what size she is. Just dont let her catch you and for the love of god dont try anything on no matter how soft it feels :D

Oh and dont buy anything thats really smutty or with a label that says "increases your bust size 10 times" coz you'll probably get a slap ;)

To be honest you cant go wrong with some sexy lingerie, big bunch of flowers, box of choccies and teddy bear - very romantic, very classic, never fails.

Hope that helps!

cor that sounds nice, wish somebody would do that for me...

agreeing with lots of you on here, and would hate dvd also, altho cd is nice providing she's hinted she wants it anyway!

I would like a nice fleecy cosy dressing gown, but that might be boring to some, but as much as i love my silky one, it's not warm enough for first thing in the morning when you get out of bed and go padding down to the kitchen to put the kettle on!

JerryXt
21-11-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm going to stop reading this thread. I blush in the underwear section at John Lewis :o :o :o

Nonnie
21-11-2007, 03:21 PM
As the boss tells us every year at work...

"I bought my wife a pair of slippers and a vibrator. If she doesn't like the slippers she can go **** herself"

Another great lesson from the boss! :D

Superb!

Eeeeeh that made I chuckle somewhat.

Diamonds are a girls best friend anyway.

Liking the trip to New York idea as well except I don't fly.

Nim
21-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Sh_t, thats why I am a singleton....My idea was poor compared to some of you old timers...

i think your idea was rather good actually...not as good as gettin her a 848, but i guess you cant think of everything!

JerryXt
21-11-2007, 04:05 PM
...or a day at a posh spa thing somewhere. With dinner somewhere nice afterwards to give her somewhere to show off at.

Always works for me.

Nim
21-11-2007, 04:11 PM
I'm going to stop reading this thread. I blush in the underwear section at John Lewis :o :o :o

Well, im going to stop reading this thread, cos i want all these nice things (not the see thru undies!) for xmas, and am pretty sure im not gonna get them :)

Jerry, remind me to ask next time i see you what you seem to be doing in the underwear section of john lewis :chuckle:

neilbaldry
21-11-2007, 05:01 PM
The oldest trick in the book. They say that as a test!! If you buy her stuff she doesn't like, then she'll say you "don't understand" her and you'll be single again by New Years Eve.

oh no! a single me on new years eve?! look out dereham!

damn this thread has grown! i left it last nite with 2 replies and now look!

gremlin
21-11-2007, 08:48 PM
A safe bet would be jewellry, diamonds are girls best friend and all that! I'm a sapphire person myself but you could go for birthstone or something, it will get you brownie points for remembering when her birthday is too.

JerryXt
21-11-2007, 09:05 PM
Well, im going to stop reading this thread, cos i want all these nice things (not the see thru undies!) for xmas, and am pretty sure im not gonna get them :)

Jerry, remind me to ask next time i see you what you seem to be doing in the underwear section of john lewis :chuckle:

usually heading towards the rug section :o :look: