PDA

View Full Version : So Unbelieveable.....It's Funny!

Plum
19-11-2007, 01:05 PM
So, i go to South Africa for the Enduro Africa rally. 10 days thorugh some of the roughest terrain it could throw at us. Being a total newbie to off-roading, i got away fairly lighty, but most importantly, i finished in one piece.

Back home a couple of days later, morning rush hour, crawling along at abt 10 MPH, Front end slips, i end up UNDER a HGV trailer, which is moving as the driver doesnt know i am under it. Woman screams, i manage to get my leg out from under the bike and scramble to safety. Helmet scuffed on top where the wheel must have 'brushed' passed it as i moved outta the way. Very, very lucky.

And before you all worry that my Monnie is badly damaged...it isnt.....i was on my H****y D when it happened.

So i am now on crutches nursing a messed up foot and buggered knee

OOOOOPS! You have to laugh dont you

mad_turnips
19-11-2007, 01:08 PM
oh dear glad you to badly hurt plum ( didnt get the pony tail caught aswell i hope) if you can walk by then back on the rock @ end of dec if you wanna go for a pint

Mostro69
19-11-2007, 02:57 PM
So, i go to South Africa for the Enduro Africa rally.

You are made of tough stuff.

I grew up in South Africa - left when I was 21, never touched in any way by crime, except for the kit-kats I used to nick from the school canteen. Two years after landing in Blighty I get mugged at knife-point in Wimbledon of all places, followed shortly by a chest stabbing on a trip to Beijing.

Dumb luck, that's what we share.

Plum
19-11-2007, 03:32 PM
You are made of tough stuff.

I grew up in South Africa - left when I was 21, never touched in any way by crime, except for the kit-kats I used to nick from the school canteen. Two years after landing in Blighty I get mugged at knife-point in Wimbledon of all places, followed shortly by a chest stabbing on a trip to Beijing.

Dumb luck, that's what we share.

I love the place. I went out there 7 years ago and proposed to my now wife.....should have known that was the start of things going down hill.
The enduro rally shows you another side to it all though, and i am penciled in to do it again in a couple of years....any excuse to get back out there

Rusty35
19-11-2007, 03:43 PM
So, i go to South Africa for the Enduro Africa rally. 10 days thorugh some of the roughest terrain it could throw at us. Being a total newbie to off-roading, i got away fairly lighty, but most importantly, i finished in one piece.

Back home a couple of days later, morning rush hour, crawling along at abt 10 MPH, Front end slips, i end up UNDER a HGV trailer, which is moving as the driver doesnt know i am under it. Woman screams, i manage to get my leg out from under the bike and scramble to safety. Helmet scuffed on top where the wheel must have 'brushed' passed it as i moved outta the way. Very, very lucky.

And before you all worry that my Monnie is badly damaged...it isnt.....i was on my H****y D when it happened.

So i am now on crutches nursing a messed up foot and buggered knee

OOOOOPS! You have to laugh dont you

Sorry to hear that matey, sounds like a lucky escape! was it Oil or something? I guess you dont know. Had a spill myself earlier in the year, bust up arm! I am fighting fit now.

get onto the MIB and make a claim, maybe the council even...:hissy:

Plum
19-11-2007, 03:57 PM
Sorry to hear that matey, sounds like a lucky escape! was it Oil or something? I guess you dont know. Had a spill myself earlier in the year, bust up arm! I am fighting fit now.

get onto the MIB and make a claim, maybe the council even...:hissy:

To be honest, i was so shocked at what had happened i got onthe bike and rode to work. By mid day i was in agony. Mangled toe and buggered knee for the trouble. Cannot see anything on the road that would have caused the front to slip, but iwasnt going like a looney either.

Still funny though

Rusty35
19-11-2007, 04:02 PM
could have been a Banana Skin....:chuckle:

scrumpster
19-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Someone was certainly smiling on you that day. Glad the monster's in one piece ;) Hope you feel better soon!

Nickj
19-11-2007, 07:39 PM
Thank goodness it was only an HD not a Monster!! Still isn't nice to have anything squashed, worse if its you.
Hope your all together again soon!
The old Sun City enduro was a good bash, LOL I am talking a long time ago tho'!!

Scotty
19-11-2007, 08:05 PM
was it just like this ?

http://www.stuntrev.com/global/images/extras/classics/roadwarrior/wheel9.gif

Diego
19-11-2007, 08:34 PM
was it just like this ?

http://www.stuntrev.com/global/images/extras/classics/roadwarrior/wheel9.gif

Ah Mad Max....good flick.

p.s. Plum wish u speedy recovery.

Thumper
20-11-2007, 12:39 PM
Wow that sounds horrific and really frightening! Glad you are OKish, sorry to hear the Harley got squished, hope it punctured all the trucks tyres before it died :(