PDA

View Full Version : EOBD - Locked engine?

RagZmAn
14-11-2007, 07:58 PM
Hi all,

Hopefuly someone can cast some light on this.
I was riding home tonight and at the time I was doing about 40mph, I felt a slight tap under my feet followd by a dragging sound. I stopped as soon as I could which was no more than 10 seconds or so by which time whatever I was dragging had come off. I looked over the bike and couldnt see anything hanging or any evidence of any possible breakage of something. So I started the bike again and the EBOD came on as it does, went out as it does but then came back on 5 seconds after going out and remains on even when riding the bike.

I got home and let the bike cool down and read about it online and tried a few things. I tried a different key, checked the battery connections restarted a few times and the same issue, the light wont go out.

So is this some coincidence that i ran something over in the road that dragged a bit then this EOBD issue came up or something more sinister?

Is it safe to ride? Should I be riding it?

I looked in the book and it does have a procedure to override it which ive not tried yet. Like I say the bike starts runs and drives fine.

Little concerned hope someone can help.

Thanks

Ashley

JerryXt
14-11-2007, 09:02 PM
well, if the engine runs, it's not locked. That's not to say it's not going to tho.

I'm not a believer in coincidence. Can you see any wires hanging loose? It may just be that a sensor cable has come off the engine, which is causing the error light.

If not, best not ride it until you've had someone look at it.

RagZmAn
14-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks for your reply,
I cant really see anything hanging off no but its dark and I dont have the best light so ill evaluate it again in the morning.

It felt like it was on the left of the bike whatever i was dragging. The kickstand sensor perhaps?

Strange thing is so far it starts every time. I use the bike to get to work so not sure what to do about tomorrow. Ill get up early and have another look but if its still staying on I guess im gambeling if its gonna start in the evening if I get it running in the morning right?