PDA

View Full Version : Sony MP3 help please

Julie
13-11-2007, 11:38 AM
Hi

I have a sony Walkman Mp3 thingy and i want to put songs onto it - but i have not got the CD or anything that allows me to do this.
Its a NW-E405 Sony - i have the cables - can anyone point me in the right direction to download the softwear so i can put my CD's onto the MP3?

Thank you

Julie

Dave G
13-11-2007, 11:46 AM
like this sort of thing.

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=NWE405&upd_id=1936

cant you just drag and drop like most mp3 player?
(mental note,if the answers no then sony crossed of the list when I get another one)

Nim
13-11-2007, 12:13 PM
Try downloading Sonicstage from the sony (uk) website...thats what i use, but my sony mp3 player is crap....volume button broke and i have to have it at the same volume the whole time, which is never quite right for any one song :)

Once you have Sonicstage you can import CDs, or any songs you have downloaded. Just check its ok for your particular player, but im pretty sure it is x

Mand
13-11-2007, 12:35 PM
I've got the software Julie if you want me to post you the disc.

Julie
14-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Thank you all - i downloaded sonic thingy and all the songs are downloaded onto the Mp3 now. Brilliant thank you

Julie

Gilps
14-11-2007, 07:42 PM
Thank you all - i downloaded sonic thingy and all the songs are downloaded onto the Mp3 now. Brilliant thank you

Julie

A bit of advice. You can select the option to copy the tracks from the CD as native MP3 files or Sony's own format - ATRAC I think it's called. ATRAC is supposed to be higher quality. However, you will not be able to tell the difference once you hear them on the walkman. I spent hours copying my entire CD collection on to a portable hard disk and burning them on to my walkman, all in ATRAC format. Then I got the latest Sony walkman phone which doesn't support ATRAC, only MP3. The ATRAC files that I have now got stored on the hard disc are useless on anything other than a Walkman so I am now having to re-copy the whole damned lot in MP3 format. Total pain. My advice, copy the CD in MP3 format to start with.

NattyBoy
14-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Think I might go the walkman route - are they any good ? Were on our 3rd failed ipod now (light use over 6-14 months each). Not impressed Apple.. :>(

bod
14-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Just don't get caught out buying a fake memory stick like I did Sony Pro cards are all over Ebay paied for a 4Gig and ended up with only 2!

Nim
14-11-2007, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE The ATRAC files that I have now got stored on the hard disc are useless on anything other than a Walkman so I am now having to re-copy the whole damned lot in MP3 format. Total pain. My advice, copy the CD in MP3 format to start with.[/QUOTE]

Very very true....dont even bother with ATRAC.....