PDA

View Full Version : Petrol stations in NW Surrey?

CK & AK
12-11-2007, 01:20 PM
Anyone else had probs getting fuel today?

I meant to fill up yesterday after doing a round robin tour in the car for AK collecting bits & bobs, but it slipped my mind after passing a shut one on the way home last night - till I left the house this morning & the car was just over empty.
Our local (spit!) Total was closed this morning - out of fuel, I then tootled on towards work, local Shell closed on the Portsmouth Road from Cobham. :mad:
So popped down into Sainsbury's in Cobham (over 16 pumps there) at lunchtime & it was like a scene from the last fuel blockades - took about 12/13 mins to queue for fuel :confused: at 99p per litre - just as well as the warning had gone to less than 1 litre left :eek:

Is this just my experience on a Monday?

C

singletrack
12-11-2007, 01:29 PM
The petrol station in Four Marks has no fuel either :( but that's usual for a Monday!

CK & AK
12-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Is it a conspiracy Anne? :confused:

JerryXt
12-11-2007, 01:52 PM
The place I went to this morning in Twickenham had very little unleaded but loads of the premium stuff that my Xt loves.

Nothing in the news tho.

tetol
12-11-2007, 01:59 PM
sainsbury's petrol station shut in tunbridge wells today

CK & AK
12-11-2007, 02:19 PM
see? - its a conspiracy :Furious:

never mind, I got enuff to run the car to work for a little while yet.... :)

Nim
12-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Hope this helps clear things up a little.......(from Facebook)

THE UK GOVERNMENT'S FURTHER TAX INCREASE ON FUEL HAS TAKEN THE AVERAGE PRICE OF UNLEADED TO OVER THE £1 A LITRE BARRIER!

THEREFORE 'MONDAY NOVEMBER 19TH' HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR A**E " DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF FUEL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU INVITE ALL YOUR FRIENDS TO THIS GROUP AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WITHOUT TAKING ACTION THE PRICE PER LITRE WILL CONTINUE TO RISE.

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF FUEL GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, ROAD HAULAGE COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO! OUR WAGES WILL NOT BE RISING AT THE SAME RATE EITHER!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THE GOVERNMENT DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN!

CK & AK
12-11-2007, 02:52 PM
So in the NW Surrey area (and other patches in the SE too) lots are filling up a week ahead? :confused:

farl
12-11-2007, 03:17 PM
Whatever happend to that 'fuel club' that was set up a few years ago?? I used to get emails from them. Anyone know what became of them...

Nim
12-11-2007, 03:20 PM
So in the NW Surrey area (and other patches in the SE too) lots are filling up a week ahead? :confused:

Its the only (rational?!?) explanation I could find....although i think its more llikely to be a conspiracy. I love a good conspiracy!!

CK & AK
12-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Nim - I dont do explanations either - conspiracy theories are much more easy to gossip about ;)

gremlin
12-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Our local Tescos was empty on friday, but I did read today that there may be fuel blockades again due to the price increase. It's not as if the fuel companies get all the revenue when it goes up, most of it is tax and people are being squeezed enough as it is without having to pay more for fuel. It's not as if there is an alternative. Somebody on a radio programme was defending the use of cars and the presenter couldn't believe that there was no bus service to replace peoples cars especially in rural areas. We are only 7 miles from Norwich but it's a half mile walk to the nearest bus stop and you can't guarentee that a bus will turn up. We've been using the bikes more to cut down on fuel use, although in real terms two bikes probably isn't much better than one car.