PDA

View Full Version : Dates for SUPERBIKE SCHOOL JUST RELEASED

J.P
12-11-2007, 10:09 AM
If your interested the dates have just been posted for the California Superbike School this morning.
Sell out fast I would imagine.

http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk/schedule.php

Nim
12-11-2007, 11:08 AM
If there is a date a few people are going on, it might be nice to all go then? I would go to Silverstone as its clostest....probably trailer the ole track bike there....assuming ive sorted trailer out by then :)

If anyone else wants to go from Wimbledon or similar area, we could share a van/trailer....

singletrack
12-11-2007, 11:12 AM
I have just booked for the 19th April at Silverstone - but I will be going round much slower than you :o

JerryXt
12-11-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm interested - Silverstone for preference

J.P
12-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Looks like they've just taken the dates off again, maybe they jumped the gun.

Nim
12-11-2007, 12:27 PM
I have just booked for the 19th April at Silverstone - but I will be going round much slower than you :o

You will?? That'll be a first!! I guess protecting your bike is a good plan :)

Gilps
12-11-2007, 06:15 PM
If you get a choice of Rockingham or Silverstone then I would recommend Rockingham. At Silverstone they use the Stowe Circuit, or badly surfaced car park with cones marking the circuit as I prefer to call it.

bod
12-11-2007, 09:32 PM
I fancy this when is the Rockingham date?

J.P
14-11-2007, 03:43 PM
http://www.superbikeschool.co.uk/schedule.php

Dates just released again.

I've booked the following if anyone fancies joining me. :ymca:

Silverstone April 19th & 20
Rockingham May 27th

Nim
14-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Dates just released again.

I've booked the following if anyone fancies joining me. :ymca:

Silverstone April 19th & 20
Rockingham May 27th

im looking at money and making decisions....

scrapps
14-11-2007, 05:43 PM
I like the look of these guys and have seen lots of good reports..but they are not cheap ! would it be better to use the money for this training or better spent doing 2/3 trackdays with no limits and getting more track time and free instruction:scratch:
I have been told maybe not the best people to use untill you are more confident on you riding..?

singletrack
14-11-2007, 05:49 PM
I like the look of these guys and have seen lots of good reports..but they are not cheap ! would it be better to use the money for this training or better spent doing 2/3 trackdays with no limits and getting more track time and free instruction:scratch:
I have been told maybe not the best people to use untill you are more confident on you riding..?

I am not a really confident rider. I did a days training with them earlier this year - http://www.twowheelconfidencetraining.com/ and spoke to an instructor there who suggested Superbike School a good idea for anyone. I want to improve my technique on and off the track without developing bad habits - I think CSS will help.

Gilps
14-11-2007, 07:51 PM
CSS is good. It will improve your cornering. Be careful not to cram too many days in close together though as you will need time to assimilate what you have been taught and put it in to practice. I suffered from information overload for a while afterwards, and it actually slowed me down too. You pick and choose what to use in the short term and over a period of time try to re-introduce the other stuff you were taught.
Remember also that it is not a riding school. It won't turn you in to a track god or make you a safer road rider. It is a cornering school. They teach you how to go round corners.
I'm sure that one bit of advice they gave me saved me from crashing at Castle Combe. The front tucked mid corner and started to wash out. I knew the bike was going to go down so figured "what the heck, I'll give it a go". I cracked the throttle wide open and the bike came back up. That little recovery just about covered the cost of one days training.

slob
14-11-2007, 07:53 PM
...and it actually slowed me down too

Seems hard to believe!

Gilps
14-11-2007, 07:55 PM
cheeky sod

J.P
15-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks Gilps,
read you comments about CSS a while back too and appreciate your thoughts.
And as for riding confidence Scrapps, I've got a reasonable amount of that, but I'm willing to spend the money on being given real training by the professionals. And like everyone, it's the corners that we all want to master right ?
It's all part of my 'throwing myself' into biking philosophy, without 'throwing myself off the bike'.

And Scrapps, I've done a few trackdays as you know and felt that most of them were good for track time but without real (almost) one on one tuition, you end up having a great time trying to follow the right line and copy the experts but they just don't have the amount of time I want to use them for.

That said I'll be on plenty of trackdays I'm sure next year anyway.

crust
15-11-2007, 05:06 PM
when you do a trackday do you use the instructors?

or have you tried using an instructor for the second session, getting feedback, doing a session then asking the same instructor to assess you again?

if you want 'real world' training on 'making progress' try

http://www.rapidtraining.co.uk/e/home.htm

or do one of their trackdays

:) Crust

J.P
15-11-2007, 05:58 PM
Thanks Crust. I've used Rapid 4 times this year to help me with my road riding and did one of their track days too.
I guess I just want a bit more than what they can help with on the track. The CSS have a way of doing things and everyone there is aiming for the same thing. Problem with most trackdays, as I'm sure you know, is the fact that it's so mixed even within each group, everyone does their own thing. Sometimes that's great but I want to try something different, if only to try.