PDA

View Full Version : meet in essex

lilabs
11-11-2007, 09:28 PM
I was thinking of organising a monthly meet in Essex for the owners of monsters i have a pub that will take us.Its just been refitted and does food etc. I was thinking of kicking it off in January on a Monday evening, this post is to gauge interest. I know some will not want to go out on there bikes in January but you could pop along in your car for a chat.

What do you think?:rolleyes:

squiffything
12-11-2007, 07:00 AM
Where in essex were you thinking. I'm up in suffolk and a few of the Norfolk lot might come on down

Zarah
12-11-2007, 08:45 AM
Sounds good to me - what pub and where is it ?

slob
12-11-2007, 12:40 PM
I don't mind the cold, as long as they're not salting the roads!

Albie
12-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Well when it gets back to being normal weather other than unpredictable the Kenties would like to come over weekend runs.We never seem to cross the water much but its right next door and we dont have to pay the toll either,:mand: :mand:

w108rna
12-11-2007, 07:05 PM
I'd be up for that. Where is the Pub? I'd prob be on the Monster or Multistrada, as long as it isn't wet or salty!

gary tompkins
12-11-2007, 07:22 PM
Weekday meets may not be popular due to work, and will limit your options for ride-outs too - if that's your plan? Pretty sure support for the Kent meets would vanish if we moved from Sunday to a weekday meet.

lilabs
12-11-2007, 09:28 PM
the idea of a week day meet is to allow for sunday ride outs and rallies etc.
the pub is the orsett cock, in orsett strangely enough,its right on the a13 so easy to get to. i was thinking of the second or third monday of the month (although the third does clash with another ducati meet in essex mind you that might be good for an evening ride out venue every now and then)

slob
12-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Convenient for me but a long way from Cheshire w108rna

GULLY
12-11-2007, 09:38 PM
I would be up for that from time to time
like Slob said as long as there is no salt on the roads

gully

w108rna
12-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Convenient for me but a long way from Cheshire w108rna

Thanks, but i live in Essex now. D'oh, should have changed my settings!!!

Grumpy
17-11-2007, 01:49 PM
great idea, but howabout a more central position, like Chelmsford, or Brentwood? looking at some of the replies, this might make more sense.

There is a ducati owners club met at the red lion, gt wratting, just outside haverhill, every first thurs of the month, i'm a regular, along with 3 other monster owners and growing!!

benson
19-11-2007, 02:06 PM
Pretty much what White said - Chelmsford is pretty central and Colchester too - maybe even a meeting up at Parkinson's ? Week nights will preclude many people because of not necessarily living and working close by - the idea of a Sunday lunch is always good then if people want to meet for the food and a natter they can and those who want to go and ride can do that before or after food - or maybe it's just me and my food motivation!!!

Zarah
19-11-2007, 02:48 PM
Sunday ride out meet at Parkinsons old venue at Marks Tey perhaps (pretty centrl to chelmsford and colchester (and lunch sounds fun) defo up for that.

trix
20-11-2007, 12:49 PM
colchester is one of the most northern parts of essex looks like it will have to be two meets one north one south that will teach us to live in a very long county:spin: