PDA

View Full Version : 8 week's and counting

Rusty35
11-11-2007, 08:31 PM
Just wanted to say a thank you to who ever mentioned Pro-Twins in Godstone! went down there on Saturday and had a long chat with Brett! Really nice fella and was very helpful and also we made a tentative deal that was better then a couple of the larger dealers. Just waiting to see the results on the poll and then either go straight for the S2R with Leo Vince Titanium cans. Also I heard that the paint job in Black can chaff near the inner leg area either side, causing dullness to the paintwork and maybe the Red is the better option? I know this is petty but can anyone remark to this comment. Also, why have Ducati removed the S2R from further production? is this because they feel the 696 will supersede that model, was a little curious as I was just about to lay some bucks down on the bike as I think the new Model does seem to loose the classic-ness and naked aggression of the current titan's of the road....:chuckle:

JerryXt
11-11-2007, 10:03 PM
That's quite funny. I was there too - did you mention P&H to Brett? I was lurking near the spares counter talking to Pete.

Yellow seems to be en vogue at the moment :D

Thumper
12-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Yeah the 696 makes almost as much power as the S2R800 so its being dropped but the S2R1000 is still going to be available!

Any paintwork will dull due to rubbing. I think the only colour that might not show it so much would be the pearlescent white on the S4RS. You can always buy some clear plastic tank protectors which go either side where your knees sit. OK so they look a bit ugly but they'll keep your paint fresh!

Oh and Yellow is the new black ;)

Gilps
12-11-2007, 06:51 AM
The 800 is not being dropped because of the arrival of the 696. Ducati have stated for the past year that the 800 would have to go as they could not effectively get the engine to pass Euro 3 emission regulations. That is why they have fitted the Lamda sensor to the last few in an attempt to comply.
The 695 was heralded as the new engine that would replace the 800, and then they bring oiut the 696. I think it's a good move. On paper the 695 was almost equal in performance to the 800 but the reality was rather different. I think the 696 should be decent motor based on the stats.

JerryXt
12-11-2007, 08:19 AM
BTW Rusty, I'd go for the 800. You know you'll want to change some bits and there will be more bargain parts for that than the 696.

They're going to be expensive IF you can find any.

bad-yeti
12-11-2007, 11:56 PM
Pro Twins are a godsend to people in this area.

Pete and erm..damn I forget his name (the Australian Gentleman) are just awsome.