PDA

View Full Version : I want a monster?

MORRIS MAN
11-11-2007, 09:46 AM
Hi there people
I live in Melton mowbray and i am thinking of bying a monster and were better to ask advice than hear?
At this time i have a GUZZI A 1981 V50Monza.
The first question is if you have to order parts from Italy how long dose it take?
I am looking at a 695 monster so what do i look for?
Thanks peter

Scotty
11-11-2007, 09:49 AM
approx 10 days from a dealer if they have to order it, obviously common use items (and all service items I've ever needed) have been in stock

unless of course the factory is on its month long summer holiday Aug/Sep time

Nickj
11-11-2007, 07:43 PM
You should find all the usual stuff in stock, they were used over a wide range and for years so are often quite common.

Kiwi
30-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Hi there people
I live in Melton mowbray and i am thinking of bying a monster and were better to ask advice than hear?
At this time i have a GUZZI A 1981 V50Monza.
The first question is if you have to order parts from Italy how long dose it take?
I am looking at a 695 monster so what do i look for?
Thanks peter

Having no luck with the shaft drive bits for your monza?, latest old bike mag has a couple of complete v50 for around £600 each, almost worth breaking one of them if it has a decent shaft drive unit

Ducatis are pretty damn good, there is a brilliant shop in Ruddington SPR that work on Ducatis and have a dyno set up in their shop

Had an 850 cali T3 years ago and a Ducati is a far better bike in every respect

695 monster is shortly to be replaced with a new monster - unless it is a blinding deal you will loose heavily buying a 695

buying advice, check that it has a full service history