PDA

View Full Version : Trackdays on my monnie

madgaz
08-11-2007, 08:48 AM
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee219/madgaz_bucket/HPIM0515.jpg

can i take this on a track or do i need a belly pan or anything else :flag:

Gilps
08-11-2007, 08:57 AM
You can take that on a track day without a belly pan. You will need to remove the mirrors and put tape over the lights and indicators. Check your tyre pressures and you are good to go.
Don't bin it though. That's a very nice bike.

Yorkie
08-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Tape up the lights etc and your away!! Some tracks have a noise limit but i dont think you will have a major drama with termis!

Nice bike, just dont get too exited about dropping it! It doesnt happen too often, and most of the time it is the riders fault. If you are worried then fit some crash bungs to limit the damage!

Im not trying to put you off by the way!

Id go for it myself!!

Yorkie

JerryXt
08-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Your bike is perfect for a track. The last day I did at Brands, I was in Novices on my S4Rs (two guys on 999S' - I left them behind :D). There was a guy in fast on a 750 monnie.

There's a view that frame protectors just bend the frame - I don't know, but it's worth airing. I've got fixed rearsets that act like frame protectors - looks like you've got them too - and R&G fork protectors.

My only issue with your bike is the cruciform on the pipes. I'd be worried about that touching down.

Drop the tyre pressures to around 31 - 32 so when they're hot, they get to the correct pressure.

...and enjoy!

CK & AK
08-11-2007, 09:09 AM
You can take that on a track day without a belly pan. You will need to remove the mirrors and put tape over the lights and indicators. Check your tyre pressures and you are good to go.
Don't bin it though. That's a very nice bike.

Wot Gilps said :)

and frame protectors are fine (R & G's) - so are spindle ones too - but they do not do well on the roads when sliding into kerbs or other hard surfaces.

Nim
08-11-2007, 09:59 AM
ive taken my 695 around a track a couple of times...DEFINITELY fit crash bungs....if you crash (like me) it will save you a trashed bike :)

Bodybag
08-11-2007, 12:21 PM
ive taken my 695 around a track a couple of times...DEFINITELY fit crash bungs....if you crash (like me) it will save you a trashed bike :)

Wise words there from Miss Bandicoot!! :D

J.P
08-11-2007, 01:16 PM
If you've not done a track before on your bike just take it step by step and session by session. No one expects you to be Casey Stoner right out of the pit. Build your confidence & get to know the feel of your bike & off you go.
By the end of the day you'll be throwing it around and you'll have forgotten all worries you had in the morning.

madgaz
08-11-2007, 06:06 PM
scared of destroying the bike more than anything should be a gd laugh tho

Mand
08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
scared of destroying the bike more than anything should be a gd laugh tho

Go for it.

You have more chance of crashing your bike on the road. You could be hit by a t*sser in a car, go skidding on your arse after riding through diesel etc. etc. etc.

Enjoy yourself. :mand:

PS I just love that swingarm!

MrsJel
08-11-2007, 07:51 PM
Doesn't matter about going fast - I pootled around donington on my s2r last week in the sunshine. Didn't tape anything up this time except the screws on the ventura rack - but I did turn my mirrors round so I couldn't see who was coming up behind me.

The best thing about not being the fastest on a trackday is that the photographer gets lots of chances to take your pic!

Carole

Thumper
08-11-2007, 09:23 PM
The most important thing, thats very very serious to consider about taking THAT Monster on a trackday is...

Make sure you have enough money to buy the photos coz thats a LOVELY looking bike!! :thumbsup: :banana:

madgaz
09-11-2007, 04:46 PM
yeh its kool thumper but im not sure wot i wana do with it now its pretty much finished adn dont know if i want another monster or what i wouldnt mind a new monnie but mine has only done 10,000miles and is imaculate i hate decissions. :chuckle:

Thumper
09-11-2007, 06:01 PM
Its lovverly, keep it!

Orrrrrr.... buy the new one and make that one your dedicated track weapon! :cool:

madgaz
10-11-2007, 09:02 AM
yeh i would love to do that but im 20 and broke as a joke :thumbsdown: ha ha

Thumper
10-11-2007, 09:22 AM
Ditto, I think I need 3 jobs at the minute to cover all costs. Lloyds TSB have me on speed dial :look:

If you love your Monster and its been a reliable little beast then keep it, why risk getting something that you might not like or could have issues in the reliability department. If it aint broke dont fix it :D